Pinning is Winning: Fashion Companies like UsTrendy take Advantage of Social Media
UsTrendy's Pinterest page, which flaunts more than 11,000 different pins on 24 boards, has almost 10,000 followers as of this month. The page's original pins, which are all images of garments sold by UsTrendy designers, generate hundreds of repins in the average month.
(PRWEB) July 16, 2013
Fashion retailers all across the country are learning that Pinterest is no longer just a site where moms find crafts for their kids to do. Just ask Sam Sisakhti, the founder of UsTrendy: an ecommerce site where independent designers can set up storefronts and sell their unique clothing. His company's Pinterest page, which flaunts more than 11,000 different pins on 24 boards, has almost 10,000 followers as of this month. The page's original pins, which are all images of garments sold by UsTrendy designers, generate hundreds of repins in the average month.
Keeping such an active Pinterest page is a smart move on the company's part, especially in 2013. According to a study done by RichRelevance, Pinterest alone is responsible for some 25% of online retail referral traffic. While it's just as important to engage with your consumers via Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest outshines both platforms in terms sales conversions – by a lot. The same study concluded that Pinterest shoppers drop an average of $140 to $180 per order, as opposed to the respective $80 and $60 orders for Facebook and Twitter referrals.
"Pinterest is great for us because it's a place for us to promote new designers and new pieces that are very on-trend," Sisakhti says. "If someone's on the site searching for a specific piece, and we've got something like that on our site, they'll inevitably come across it, repin it for their followers to see, and even maybe buy it."
A quick browse around the site will show you that there's no industry Pinterest doesn't cover. Users repin everything from how to make homemade bug repellent to ideas for decorating their dream homes. But in the fashion industry, it's particularly prominent, especially for a company that's trying to up its brand engagement and association. After all, in the fashion industry, the brands themselves are responsible for just 18% of the content engagement; the other 82% of engagement is carried out by the community – which, by the way, consists of 25 million (and climbing) users.
Fashion retailers who want to follow in UsTrendy's footsteps, take their lead. Create boards that will appeal to the common fashionista, like UsTrendy's "Summer 2013 New Arrivals" board, and be sure to stay on top of trends, as they did with their "Turn on the Chevron" board. It never hurts to appeal to the wallet, either – they feature a "Dresses Under $100" board for the frugal shopper – and let the Pinterest community do the rest!
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10921881.htm