Logicalis US: ITSM is the Mortar in Today’s IT Delivery Model
Technology Solution Provider offers IT Pros an 11-Step Quiz to determine if ITSM is right for their organization.
(PRWEB) July 23, 2013
While automation and the cloud offer clear computing advantages to corporate America, enterprise information technology remains complex and difficult to manage. CIOs and IT managers need a single pane of glass to be able to see how every device in their IT environment is functioning. They want visibility and control throughout any cloud environments their organization is employing, and they must be able to connect agreed upon service-level agreements (SLAs) from key outsourcing partners to actual service delivery. For IT pros struggling to manage this myriad of interrelated products and services, IT Service Management (ITSM) may be the answer. According to Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (http://www.us.logicalis.com), ITSM is the mortar that holds together the individual components of the new IT delivery model. To help IT managers determine if an ITSM solution is right for them, Logicalis has created an 11-point checklist; answering “yes” to just two of these 11 points, the company says, tells IT pros ITSM should be in their future.
“Governance of IT processes is what makes automation and cloud computing a science rather than a free-for-all,” says Mike Alley, Director of IT Service Management for Logicalis US. “Without the right tools at their disposal, the efficiencies gained through these technological improvements are quickly replaced by chaos, disorder and a complete loss of visibility in the data center. ITSM is the solution that maintains order and keeps the reins of control firmly entrenched in the hands of the IT department. For most enterprise IT pros, ITSM isn’t an option or a luxury, it’s an absolute necessity.”
Will ITSM Really Make a Difference?
Take Logicalis’ 11-Step Quiz to Find Out:
1. Is the Board of Directors demanding compliancy requirements?
2. Is an existing ITSM solution holding the company back with limited capabilities, features and services?
3. Would it be helpful to automate the ability to operate under ITIL, COBIT or BS5750?
4. Is the company’s IT team in constant fire fighting mode?
5. Does the CIO want the company’s help desk to run like a well-oiled machine?
6. Does IT want rave reviews from its users?
7. Does the IT department need to make integrating acquired companies easier?
8. Would the CIO like to get ahead of the organization’s IT spending?
9. Would automating the organization’s run book improve response time and resolution accuracy while saving valuable human time and expense?
10. Would the IT department like to spend less time chasing down and compiling IT expenses and more time on IT analysis?
11. Would the company like to provide business-focused solutions rather than technical solutions to its customers?
Answering “yes” to two or more of these questions may mean it’s time to explore ITSM options.
Want to Learn More?
- Learn about IT Service Management on Logicalis’ dedicated ITSM web site.
- Find out about Logicalis’ managed services tools and processes in this short four-minute video.
- Discover how ITSM can align the delivery of information technology with key business objectives.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, Microsoft, NetApp, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
For more information, visit http://www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10953706.htm