3D Cell Culture Industry: 2013 Research Survey Report Now Available at ReportsnReports.com
“3D Cell Culture Trends 2013” is the new market research report added to the online library of ReportsnReports.com.
(PRWEB) July 27, 2013
The survey covers 2013 analysis and 2015 forecasts for the 3D cell culture industry. The study primarily focuses on current level adoption percentage & progress in 3D cell culture technologies as well as usage in academic research, drug discovery, tissue engineering/regenerative medicine and its future purchase advancement. The survey collected 154 validated responses, of which 53% provided comprehensive input. Survey responses were geographically split as: 46% Europe; 31% North America; 12% Asia (excluding Japan); 6% Japan; and 5% Rest of World. The result data was reanalyzed after sub-division into the following 5 survey groups: 1) Academic Research; 2) Drug Discovery; 3) Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine; 4) Europe; and 5) North America.
The median level of adoption was 30% of all cell culture wells processed involved a 3D technology. And the main application investigated using 3D cell culture (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/266053-3d-cell-culture-trends-2013.html) was cancer therapy and expected to make the greatest impact. The 3D structure respondents were most interested in generating in cell culture was spheroids. Better mirrors the environment experienced by normal cells in the body was rated the most important advantage of 3D cell culture. Hydrogel scaffolds were ranked as the approach that had demonstrated most promise to date in facilitating 3D cell culture. Greatest use was made of transformed or recombinant cell lines in 3D cell culture work today (2013). The median number of assay wells setup per year with a 3D matrix was 200 today (2013).
- The analytical technologies most applied in 3D culture today (2013) were fluorescence microscopy, brightfield/phase contrast microscopy and plate readers.
- Respondent feedback on the most important tasks to automate with 3D cell culture and the challenges they pose for automation were documented.
- Ready-made kits for specific cell-based assays developed within a 3D matrix were the 3D product or service respondents were most interested in accessing.
- The 3D organotypic microtissue models respondents would like to see offered were documented with respect to organ or tissue, source, disease status required, and reasonable price for 96 tissues.
- The median realistic adoption period for a new 3D scaffold was 6-9 months.
- The median budget allocated for spending on 3D cell culture consumables today (2013) was $10K-$25K. The biggest proportion of this budget was allocated to hydrogel 3D scaffolds.
- A bottom-up model was developed around the respondent’s spending on 3D cell culture consumables to estimate the global market. In 2013 this market was estimated to be around $75M. Segmentation and CAGR estimates are given in the full report.
- The most purchased from 3D cell culture consumables suppliers were BD Bioscience, Corning and InSphero. Combined these 3 suppliers have around 50% market share.
- The median budget allocated for spending on 3D cell culture instruments today (2013) was <$5K.
In brief the report provides data, details of the breakdown of the responses for each question, its segmentation and the estimates for the future (2015). It also highlights some interesting differences between the survey groups, particularly Academic Research versus Drug Discovery or Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine.
Request a Sample @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/RequestSample.aspx?name=266053. Alternatively, place a direct purchase order @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/Purchase.aspx?name=266053.
Explore more reports on Biotechnology market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/biotechnology/.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 350,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/3d-cell-culture-industry-/2013-research-survey/prweb10964653.htm