New Book Presents Strategies to Improve Patient Outcomes and Control Soaring Specialty Rx Costs
Atlantic Information Services’s brand-new book details ins and outs of the specialty pharmacy marketplace — the players, the alliances, and the tested cost-saving management strategies.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 29, 2013
Leading health business information publisher Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce the publication of its latest book, Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies: 2013. This resource encapsulates the most relevant topics in the specialty pharmacy arena and also includes a directory of SPPs and related services.
In eight information-packed chapters, Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies offers details on the latest trends in subjects such as:
- Developing initiatives for cold-chain management and site-of-care strategies
- Designing benefit plans that integrate specialty drugs across both the pharmacy and medical benefits
- Using tactics such as prior authorization and copayments to control costs
- Managing specific disease states such as MS, RA, Cystic Fibrosis and more, as well as strategies for oncology management
- Assessing the savings potential — and market impact — of biosimilars
It also covers the business side of specialty pharmacy with:
- Details of merger and acquisition activity,
- Updates on contracting, partnerships and alliances — including the establishment of specialty ACOs,
- Summaries of organizational and leadership changes,
- Recaps of approvals and developments in the specialty pharmacy pipeline, and
- Insight into new products and services.
Written for managed care payers, disease management companies, pharmaceutical retailers, physicians, pharmaceutical and biotech developers and manufacturers, pharmacy benefit managers, pharmaceutical distributors, home health providers and specialty outpatient clinics, Specialty Pharmacy Trends and Strategies covers the issues and success stories of specialty pharmacy management. For more information, including a full table of contents, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/specialty-pharmacy-trends-and-strategies.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars, and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10968662.htm