Septic Tank Service, Chatsworth, CA Company Offers 5 New Tips for Septic System Health
Checkered Flag Plumbing®, a company specializing in septic tank service in Chatsworth, CA, is offering five new tips on how property owners can keep their septic system running smoothly. These tips will help prevent unnecessary service calls and prolong the life of the septic system.
Chatsworth, CA (PRWEB) July 31, 2013
To help property owners maintain and prolong the life of their septic systems, Checkered Flag Plumbing® is offering up 5 new tips for septic system health. With these tips, property owners can save money on calls to a company specializing in septic tank service in Chatsworth, CA. The tips are relatively easy to follow and are designed to improve the health of any septic system.
Septic systems are a cost-effective system that essentially sanitizes the waste water from a home or business so that it can be reused. Waste water from the system is released into the ground where it is filtered through a drain field, further purifying it, which provides nutrients for lawns and other plants while the clean water is sent back to the home or building. It is less expensive to have a septic system than to use the public sewer system since there is virtually no water bill each month.
Keeping a septic system healthy ensures many years of service and Checkered Flag Plumbing® has come up with five new tips that will help property owners maintain their system.
These tips are:
1. Conserve water – this can be done by washing only full loads of dishes or laundry, installing low-flow toilets, turning off water while brushing teeth or between rinsing dishes and keeping a pitcher of water in the fridge which will ensure a fresh supply of cold water.
2. Do not flush items into the system which could clog it such as: paper towels, cigarette butts, cat litter, facial tissues and coffee grounds.
3. Make sure that trees are planted at least 100 feet away from the septic system and trees with large root systems should be placed even further as roots can cause damage to the system.
4. Make sure that the drain field directs water away from the home and other buildings to avoid water damage.
5. Do not put chemicals, grease or a large amount of cleaner that contains bleach into the system. This will cause severe problems with the system which will result in a large repair bill.
There are other things that you can also do to avoid making a call to a company specializing in septic tank service in Chatsworth, CA such as planting grass on the drain field and keep the drain field free of any structures or driving over it.
To discover more ways that Checkered Flag Plumbing® can keep a septic system running well, visit their website: http://www.draindudes.com.
About Checkered Flag Plumbing®:
Since 1995, Checkered Flag Plumbing® has provided quality plumbing services to all of southern California. This family owned and operated, full-service company is committed to providing the best and fastest plumbing services to its customers. Checkered Flag Plumbing® is fully experienced in the care and maintenance of drains, sewers, septic tanks, gas pipes, and much more.
More information about the company and their services can be found on their website at http://www.draindudes.com.
Checkered Flag Plumbing®
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10984411.htm