ActionPacked! Networks Unveils Next-Generation LiveAction 3.0
New Application-Aware Network Performance Management Platform Designed to Deliver Unmatched QoS Capabilities Resulting in Higher Quality Application Performance and Improved User Experience
(PRWEB) August 02, 2013
ActionPacked! Networks, the leader in application-aware network performance management and quality-of-service (QoS) software, today announced a major advancement in its award-winning enterprise network management tool – LiveAction 3.0 – to simply, quickly and efficiently resolve business critical application performance issues. LiveAction 3.0 helps deliver significant improvements in troubleshooting speed, understanding and resolving application performance issues accurately, and network uptime.
Due to increasing network complexities, there is a greater need for effective network performance management solutions. Historically, the focus on network performance management was strictly on the network in general and its components such as routers and switches. Today, the focus has shifted toward network and application performance. As a result of the growing number of bandwidth hungry applications such as video, VoIP, unified communications and business applications, the need for application-aware network performance management to be simpler, faster, and more cost-effective has become critical.
“With LiveAction, we’re now able to fine-tune QoS policies and get highly granular statistics to see exactly how policies are performing,” said John Rockwell, senior manager, IS network services, Allscripts. “Ultimately, it helps us deliver a high-quality end user experience and increase the return on our voice, videoconferencing, and collaboration investments.”
LiveAction 3.0 helps quickly resolve performance issues in WAN, SaaS and cloud applications, MPLS and DMVPN links, converged wired and wireless connections, video, VoIP, and BYOD device communications. Key next-generation LiveAction 3.0 applications and features include:
- Site-Based WAN Application Performance: Quickly pinpoint and determine root causes and resolve application and network performance issues through site definition based upon characteristics such as WAN interfaces, bandwidth, and service provider connections.
- SaaS and Cloud Application Visibility: Identify which applications are using network bandwidth, better understand application performance with AVC metrics across merged WAN clouds, and color-coded performance status enabling network administrators to quickly diagnose, repair, and improve application and network performance.
- Video and VoIP Control: Troubleshoot and fix video and voice performance quickly and accurately through dashboard views and workflow drill down into device views of application traffic, Medianet Performance Monitoring (PerfMon), Mediatrace, AVC, correlation to QoS policy and congestion points across the networks, and on-the-fly QoS policy adjustments.
- Converged Wired and Wireless Flow Analysis and Control: Visualize wired and wireless flows from converged wired and wireless Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switch controller to understand applications and associated volumes across access points and SSIDs and to determine normal behaviors versus anomalies within the network.
- Flexible NetFlow (FNF) Configuration: Quickly enable FNF configurations of Cisco advanced technologies across discovered devices with simple GUI-based selection and verification of capabilities.
- BYOD Monitoring: Visualize application traffic and remote desktops from BYOD devices and be able to understand application and network behaviors.
“Networks have grown increasingly complex and are now tougher to manage due in part to disparate and unsynchronized devices and media-rich application deployments,” said Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst, ZK Research. In this environment, companies need to protect their investment by integrating a fast, simple, and cost-effective way to control and optimize the network and critical application performance.”
“With the growing sophistication of applications and networks, there is a clear need for network management to become more intelligent in how it identifies and resolves network performance issues. In this ever-changing environment, companies need to optimize their investment by integrating a simple yet flexible network management system to help monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain its networks,” said Dana Matsunaga, president and CEO, ActionPacked! Networks. “LiveAction 3.0 addresses these requirements with its ability to share real-time intelligence and quickly resolve network issues with its easy graphical interface that would otherwise be difficult to conceptualize using command-line interface.”
Download a free trial of LiveAction at http://www.actionpacked.com/liveactiondownload.
For more information on ActionPacked! Networks, visit http://www.actionpacked.com.
About ActionPacked! Networks
ActionPacked! Networks is the leader in application-aware network performance management and quality-of-service (QoS) software for implementing VoIP, Telepresence, Unified Communications, Collaboration, Borderless Networks, and other business critical services. The company’s LiveAction software increases network service quality and shortens outages by providing true understanding and precise control using rich visualizations and direct device interaction. LiveAction is a sophisticated network performance management tool that helps simplify the complexity of monitoring, analyzing, and configuring technology areas such as: QoS, NetFlow, IP SLA, Medianet, AVC, ACLs, PfR, Routing and PBR, switching and spanning tree.
ActionPacked! Networks and LiveAction are registered trademarks of ActionPacked! Networks. Cisco, the Cisco logo, and Catalyst are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb10993289.htm