30 College Scholarships for 2013-2014 School Year Listed by Best Colleges Online
Awards include merit scholarships for academic achievement, prizes for ethics, and others
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — A website focused on college rankings, Best Colleges Online, announces the publication of an educational article called “30 Great College Scholarships.” The piece makes a valuable resource for students looking for ways to pay for college.
Among the 30 scholarships mentioned in the article are merit scholarships, prizes for ethics, a science talent search, scholarships based on academic achievements and many others. The full list can be viewed here: http://www.bestcollegesonline.org/30-great-college-scholarships/
Commenting on the list, editor Dan Jenkin said, “Among prospective students, finances are a bigger concern than ever. We’re excited to share information about these 30 programs that can help ease the financial stresses of college and enable students to focus on their students and their future.”
Below is a brief overview of some of the 30 great college scholarships featured in the article.
- The Elie Wiesel Foundation Prize in Ethics requires applicants to submit an essay on ethics based on a personal experience. Several prizes are awarded each year.
- The National Merit Scholarship Corporation has a wide variety of scholarships available for students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Dell Scholars Program has scholarship money for selected students who are likely destined to “do great things.”
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Scholarships gives out millions of dollars in funds for college. All college students are eligible to apply.
- Intel Science Scholar Search provides a number of hefty scholarships for distinguished science students. Minimum awards are several thousand dollars, and the grand prize scholarship is set at $100,000.
- Entertainment Software Association Foundation provides scholarship incentives for women and minority students to study computer and video game arts.
- Scholarship Programs of Fisher House Foundation provides $1,500 college scholarships for children of active or retired military personnel.
- Gates Millennium Scholars gives away a total of 1,000 scholarships each year based on academic achievement, community service and leadership. Scholarship awards may be applied to any college or university of choice.
- Next Big Thing Scholarship is open to all students age 13 and older. Winners can access the scholarship money when they enter college.
- Golden Key Undergraduate Achievement Scholarship is searching for future world leaders. The fund has more than a million dollars in scholarships for undergraduates who demonstrate a high level of scholarly achievement.
For more information about the list of “30 Great College Scholarships” on Best Colleges Online, visit http://BestCollegesOnline.org/
Best Colleges Online is an educational website dedicated to providing prospective students with reviews and rankings of colleges and universities in a variety of majors, disciplines, and degree levels.
Their mission is to help learners choose the right college and get the most from their online degree.
To read more news by this source, please visit http://www.ereleases.com/pr/author/best-colleges-online.
SOURCE Best Colleges Online