Amica Insurance Shares 5 Tips for Safe RV Travel
Traveling in a recreational vehicle is a fun way to spend a family vacation. But RVs present different challenges than most cars, so Amica Insurance is sharing five tips to help you enjoy a safe trip.
LINCOLN, RI (PRWEB) August 05, 2013
Seeing the country from a recreational vehicle is a rewarding way to spend a vacation with family and friends. RVs offer a unique set of driving challenges, however, so it’s important to stay focused at all times while on the road.
According to the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, more than 20 million Americans will take RV vacations this year. That’s why Amica Insurance is sharing the following tips from the U.S. Department of Transportation to help promote safe RV travel:
- Always check your blind spots, which are bigger and more prevalent on RVs. Using mirrors increases your safety, but they don’t always show everything on the road, so always be aware of what’s around you.
- Leave extra room for braking, as RVs are heavier than typical cars and require more time to stop.
- Make sure all tires are in good condition and properly inflated. Avoiding excess loading and driving at a safe speed will cut down on tire issues.
- Weight distribution is crucial when traveling in an RV, so be sure to securely pack away heavy items. Items that come loose can cause problems with handling and braking.
- Always wear a seat belt, whether you’re driving the RV or just a passenger. Anyone not wearing a seat belt may be injured in the event of a sudden stop or accident.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of automobile, homeowners, marine and personal umbrella liability insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,200 people in 40 offices across the country.
CONTACT: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb10998293.htm