21st Century Software Enhances Its SpaceFinder™ Storage Management Solution with Powerful User Interface and Reporting Capabilities
Latest version of Java-enabled SRM solution empowers IT managers with greater control
Wayne, Pennsylvania/Boston, MA (PRWEB) August 12, 2013
21st Century Software, a leader in providing recovery assurance and enterprise disaster recovery solutions to the IBM mainframe community, today announced significant enhancements to its SpaceFinder™ Storage Management Solution (SMS). With a focus on a new easy-to-use interface and reporting capabilities, 21st Century Software is empowering customers with greater control and easier operations.
SpaceFinder is a z/OS storage management solution that centralizes all phases of mainframe management. With SpaceFinder, users are able to maximize the value of the mainframe storage environment, from assessment and monitoring, to configuration, allocation and planning.
"IT departments are experiencing unprecedented changes, in light of initiatives tied to trends such as cloud computing, placing significant challenges on IT managers to be more strategic," said Rebecca M. Levesque, CEO of 21st Century Software. "The latest version of SpaceFinder provides IT managers with the insight and reporting capabilities needed to be more proactive with storage capacity initiatives. As a result, they are able to better plan while controlling future storage costs."
Simplifying the administration and management of mainframe storage resources from one single point of control, the latest version of SpaceFinder provides the following features:
- Enhanced Common Storage Management Console – An easy-to-use interface provides detail and summary reporting, history and trending capabilities, as well as “saved user views” and print-publishing facilities.
- Actionable Views of Historical Data – Users can capture historical data in the SpaceFinder SMS suite for views and graphs within the interface.
- Integrated Storage Reporting – Users can easily report on SMS pools and user-defined pools, as well as the composition of each volume.
- Greater Action Capabilities – Actions are provided for immediate execution from the interface, giving the user control over batch or scripted actions against the selected objects.
- Insight through Logical Pooling Definitions – Users are able to benefit from a fully encompassing view of an application set of data that spans all media types (disk, tape, HSM) within the z/OS storage environment.
- Dynamic Group Analysis – Users can define logical groups of data based on how the organization reports on business units, in a way that dynamically reflects changes in the data usage patterns.
- Enriched Automation – SpaceFinder’s automation capabilities are instituted in a manner that significantly reduces resource consumption compared to other alternatives in the SRM market space. This includes the ability to gather information on files that need maintenance and can be scheduled and run via a started task.
“21st Century Software is committed to providing world-class storage management and reporting capabilities to its customers,” added Levesque. “Through this new version, we are delivering on that commitment, equipping them with the capabilities needed to make storage management more efficient.”
About 21st Century Software
21st Century Software simplifies the administration and management of mainframe storage resources and develops integrated recovery management solutions that provide operational integrity when disruptive events occur. It gives organizations the ability to analyze how their applications utilize vital data, identify any interdependencies, and determine the business value of their files and data. An IBM Business Partner, 21st Century Software has more than 30 years of experience developing and implementing disaster recovery solutions for mainframe organizations and disk and tape environments. For more information, visit: http://www.21stcenturysoftware.com/.
*You can also visit 21st Century Software at the SHARE conference (booth #209).
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11015041.htm