ThreatMetrix Announces Speaker Lineup for the 2013 Cybercrime Prevention Summit: “Strength in Numbers”
Third Annual Summit Highlights the Importance of a Collaborative Approach to Cybersecurity
San Jose, Calif. (PRWEB) August 21, 2013
ThreatMetrix™, the fastest-growing provider of integrated cybercrime solutions, today announces the speaker lineup for its forthcoming ThreatMetrix 2013 Cybercrime Prevention Summit, themed “Strength in Numbers.” The third annual conference will take place September 11-13, 2013, at the Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe, Calif.
The ThreatMetrix 2013 Cybercrime Prevention Summit focuses on a collective, collaborative approach to cybercrime, account takeover, payment fraud and identity spoofing. At the summit, executives will hear from a variety of industry thought leaders and have opportunities to network and collaborate on collective cybercrime strategies. Attendees represent financial institutions, e-commerce merchants, payment processors, government agencies, social networking companies and insurance providers.
“In today’s threat environment, no business can stand alone in the fight against cybercrime,” said Bert Rankin, chief marketing officer, ThreatMetrix. “Uniting thought leaders from a variety of industries provides attendees with the collective knowledge and tools they need to stay ahead of sophisticated cybercriminals.”
The ThreatMetrix 2013 Cybercrime Prevention Summit features many prominent speakers, including:
- Brian Krebs, author and journalist, KrebsonSecurity.com
- Carmen Honacker, fraud and risk manager, Intuit
- Preston Wood, chief security officer and executive vice president of enterprise security, Zions Bancorporation
- Robert W. Capps II, senior manager global trust and safety, StubHub
- Mike Yeardley, senior manager, digital and telephony banking fraud practice, Lloyds Banking Group
- Geoff Cook, co-founder and CEO, MeetMe, Inc.
- Dennis Maicon, vice president and general manager, enterprise fraud solutions, FIS
- Tom Sullivan, interim executive director, MRC
- Denise Aptekar, director trust and safety, oDesk
- Tim Murphy, vice president, treasurer, Getty Images
- Phillip Cardenas, trust and safety manager, Airbnb
- Walt Cox, strategic alliances manager, mFoundry
- Reed Taussig, president and CEO, ThreatMetrix
- Alisdair Faulkner, chief products officer, ThreatMetrix
- Andreas Baumhof, chief technology officer, ThreatMetrix
The “Strength in Numbers” theme of the ThreatMetrix 2013 Cybercrime Prevention Summit directly corresponds to the recent launch of the ThreatMetrix™ Global Trust Intelligence Network (The Network), the first data repository that provides insight into positive and negative behavior and threat intelligence for both devices and online personas. Each month, The Network screens more than 500 million site visitors, across more than 1,900 customers and 9,000 websites and uses predictive analytics to find the good and bad personas.
“The Network offers superior transaction and persona screening capabilities that have not previously been available in the cybersecurity market,” said Rankin. “Attendees at this year’s Summit will learn more about this innovative trust intelligence network and walk away with insights to adjust to the ever-evolving threat environment.”
Interactive Training Sessions
The 2013 ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Prevention Summit features extensive training sessions for attendees, including the following:
- Cybercrime Control Center – Training 101 – This is a basic training session for attendees with no ThreatMetrix solution or cybercrime prevention experience.
- Cybercrime Control Center – Basic Rules Configuration – This training session will focus on an overview of rule creation, together with an introduction to the most commonly used rule templates.
- Cybercrime Control Center – Advanced Rules Configuration – Topics covered will include the PersonaID, Regex and email alert templates, as well as VPN Detection rule configuration.
- Malware for Beginners – Is E-commerce the Next Target? – This session is an introduction to malware for beginners (with a specific focus on the Man-in-the-Browser (MitB) malware).
- Leveraging the Network: Trust Tags and the Assertion API – This session covers the ThreatMetrix Assertion API, which provides customers with the ability to pro-actively report undesirable behavior associated with devices, IP addresses, email addresses, and other key entities.
- TD Mobile – How Does it Work and How to Integrate it – Targeted at existed ThreatMetrix customers, this session is for those interested in extending the service into their existing or planned mobile native apps.
- The New ThreatMetrix Reporting Portal – This session will introduce users to the new Jaspersoft reporting platform and will cover all the features available to ThreatMetrix customers.
To learn more or to register, please visit http://www.cybercrimepreventionsummit.com/.
ThreatMetrix is the fastest-growing provider of integrated cybercrime prevention solutions. The TrustDefender™ Cybercrime Protection Platform helps companies prevent unauthorized access to web and mobile applications, protect sensitive data, and secure transactions against account takeover, payment fraud, identity spoofing, malware, and data breaches. ThreatMetrix protects more than 1,900 customers and 9,000 websites across a variety of industries, including financial services, enterprise, e-commerce, payments, social networks, government, and insurance. For more information, visit http://www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-408-200-5755.
To join in the cybersecurity conversation, follow us on Twitter @ThreatMetrix.
© 2013 ThreatMetrix. All rights reserved. ThreatMetrix, TrustDefender ID, TrustDefender Cloud, TrustDefender Mobile, TrustDefender Client, the TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform, ThreatMetrix Labs, and the ThreatMetrix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ThreatMetrix in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11047814.htm