BlackBag Technologies Announces New MacQuisition (TM) 2013 R2 Software Release
Powerful Mac OS X imaging and live data collection solution adds improved FileVault 2 detection, comprehensive collection verification and reporting features, and multi-destination forensic image acquisition.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) August 27, 2013
BlackBag Technologies, Inc., a leading developer of Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, and Windows forensics software, training, and special services solutions, today announced the release of MacQuisition 2013 R2; a powerful 3-in-1 RAM acquisition, targeted data collection, and forensic imaging tool. This release includes sophisticated FileVault 2 encryption detection and extensive status tracking features designed to help investigators preserve, verify, and document big data collections.
New features include:
- Improved FileVault 2 Detection – Automatically detect the presence of a FileVault 2-encrypted volume, and enter a known password or recovery key directly within MacQuisition to unlock it.
- Multi-Destination Forensic Image Acquisition – Drag and drop volumes and/or folders to the Image Device window to send acquired forensic images to multiple destinations simultaneously.
- Custom Preference Settings – Automatically compare and verify MD5, SHA1, and/or SHA256 hash values before and after imaging. Specify default alias handling and set a default timestamp (Unix epoch or Gregorian) reporting format.
- New Collection Options – Collect attached/mounted device connection artifacts and a list of installed applications.
- Advanced Status Tracking and Reporting – Verify before, during, and after file hashes, and created (birth) and modified timestamps. Review extensive collection tracking and error reports saved to a standard .csv file format.
“Our development goal this time around was to add sophistication and finesse to MacQuisition's well-established brawn,” said Derrick Donnelly, CTO for BlackBag Technologies. “MacQuistion 2013 R2 includes features that help examiners identify and acquire FileVault 2-encrypted volumes, and image devices and volumes to more than one destination at the same time. We are also thrilled to provide our customers with an elaborate new Status Tracking feature that carefully monitors the entire data collection process and outputs collection information and events to detailed spreadsheets."
MacQuisition is developed by leading Mac forensic analysts as a lightweight, portable tool that forensically images and collects data from over 185 Mac, iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini computer models. MacQuisition addresses the forensic examiner’s greatest challenge of “too much data and too little time” by combining comprehensive data triage and targeted file collection capabilities with a robust full-disk imaging solution.
For more information about MacQuisition 2013 R2, please visit https://www.blackbagtech.com. Visit the BlackBag Technologies blog at https://www.blackbagtech.com/blog to learn more about Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Windows digital forensics and BlackBag Technologies forensic software and information solutions. To schedule an online or on-site demonstration please contact sales [at] blackbagtech [dot] com.
About BlackBag Technologies
BlackBag Technologies, Inc. provides digital forensics software, information, and select services solutions. BlackBag acknowledges the growing challenges faced by forensic examiners and legal professionals in the digital forensics field, and is dedicated to creating flexible and comprehensive tools capable of handling today's massive data sets and complex technologies. BlackBag serves a wide range of clients, including federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, as well as leading private sector security, legal, and personnel professionals. Visit https://www.blackbagtech.com for more information.
BlackBag Technologies, Inc.
pr [at] blackbagtech [dot] com
© 2013 BlackBag Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11062895.htm