Quantcast

Servicemaster by Singer Giving Tips On Being College Fire Prepared

August 28, 2013

Hundreds of fire related emergencies are reported nationwide each year at college, university, dormitories, fraternity and sorority houses. It's important that staff and faculty understand fire risk and prevention measures that could save a life.

Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) August 28, 2013

A campus is a good setting to obtain information and knowledge of what to do in a fire. In campus-related fires, smoking is one of the most common factors in fatal fires, which can cause millions of dollars in direct property damage, injuries and fatalities.

There are a number of risk that can start a fire. Do not leave cigarettes, cigars or pipes unattended; they can fall over as they burn down. Do not leave a stove, oven and grill on, a spark can ignite and start a fire. Do not smoke in bed, always put out candles when leaving a room or going to bed and take trash out away from the house; people sometimes dump cigarettes in trash cans and this is risk for a fire.

When consuming alcohol fire risk is higher; people tend to have a deeper sleep which fire, smoke and alarms may not wake a person.

ServiceMaster by Singer is a full service restoration company serving the Baltimore Washington Metropolitan areas for over a decade. We are a leading restoration company providing Water Mitigation, Fire Damage Restoration, Mold Remediation, Complete Construction Services, Storm Damage Restoration, Crime – Trauma Cleaning, Hoarder Cleaning, and Residential and Commercial Cleaning Services. Call for more info: 855-5-Singer.

For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11063160.htm


Source: prweb



comments powered by Disqus