Calpont Launches InfiniDB 4 and InfiniDB for the Cloud that Bring Power, Performance and Ease of Use to Massively Scalable Analytics
Calpont InfiniDB 4 Handles Larger Workloads and Adds 3rd Party Tool Integrations; New InfiniDB for the Cloud Includes Dynamic Provisioning for Applications in Amazon Web Services
Frisco, TX and San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 15, 2013
Calpont Corporation announced today the next generation of its high performance analytic data platforms, InfiniDB 4 and InfiniDB for the Cloud. InfiniDB 4 includes a number of enhancements for the demands of high availability workloads and additional 3rd party tool integrations that enable entire organizations to get involved as Big Data developers. InfiniDB for the Cloud enables high-performance analytics applications in Amazon Web Services (AWS™) with dynamic provisioning as data demands and processing needs grow.
“InfiniDB is a battle-tested SQL query engine that has proven its ability to handle companies’ largest and most demanding data sets,” said Jim Tommaney, CTO at Calpont. “Today’s product news combined with the new InfiniDB open source licensing announcement signals a new frontier in Big Data analytics. Data scientist, developers and DBAs are rejoicing in the opportunity that awaits them to dive into a familiar MySQL interface and perform complex, ad-hoc BI and dimensional analytics that are unconstrained and can readily scale to meet their needs.”
Calpont also announced today its open-source GPLv2.0 license. This creates new opportunities for companies to experience Big Data analytics by scaling InfiniDB across multiple processing cores, servers and huge data sets without software licensing limitations. See today’s complete announcement Calpont Announces New Open Source Licensing for InfiniDB.
InfiniDB was designed from the inception for large scale, high performance dimensional analytics, predictive analytics, and ad-hoc business intelligence. A massive parallel processing (MPP) columnar solution, InfiniDB executes SQL written queries as parallelized map and reduction operations, providing the best of both performance and scale for analytics. When companies query billions of data points, InfiniDB’s unique two-tier distributed architecture optimizes query processing to all available CPU threads, minimizing I/O reads from disk, and accessing only the data required for analysis. Complex analyses that used to take hours now take minutes or seconds, with consistent and repeatable performance.
Key Points of InfiniDB 4
- InfiniDB 4 is the fourth generation MPP columnar solution from Calpont that is built for speed, scale and simplicity.
- InfiniDB 4 is flexible and open data technology that incorporates both traditional and emerging data technologies to future-proof technology decisions and avoids vendor lock-in.
- InfiniDB 4 uses a familiar MySQL interface and is “ready to go” after a simple download and install.
- InfiniDB 4 includes connectivity to MySQL compatible tools empowers entire organizations to get involved as Big Data developers, analysts and data scientists.
In Addition, InfiniDB for the Cloud Includes:
- Flexibility to run InfiniDB in a number of hybrid scenarios that includes a variety of on-premise and cloud-based provisioned servers.
- Quickly scale high-performance analytic applications in Amazon Web Services with dynamic provisioning.
- InfiniDB’s prepackaged Amazon Machine Images (AMI) help speed deployments with the automatic provisioning of InfiniDB nodes in EC2 and AWS.
- InfiniDB is designed to leverage the high availability and reliability of Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), typically 10x more reliable than commodity disk.
InfiniDB 4 and InfiniDB for the Cloud are available immediately and can be downloaded for organizations’ production use at http://www.calpont.com.
Tweet this: News: @Calpont Announces @InfiniDB 4 and InfiniDB for the #Cloud. #BigData #Analytics #mySQL
Calpont empowers data superstars to solve problems and create new solutions with powerful Big Data analytics. The company’s platform, InfiniDB, is a fourth-generation massive parallel processing (MPP) column-oriented data technology that is known for its rapid implementation, simplicity and extraordinary value. InfiniDB is built for today’s growing enterprises that demand speed, scale and efficiency in their analytics platforms where leveraging traditional and emerging data technologies, structures and architectures are required. InfiniDB products are licensed as GPL-2.0 with complementary consulting services, maintenance and support agreements available from Calpont.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11231574.htm