Market Study Confirms Perceptive Software’s Acuo VNA as the World’s #1 Independent Vendor Neutral Archive
Acuo’s global market share grows substantially while others decline.
Shawnee, KS (PRWEB) October 19, 2013
- Perceptive Software, creator of process and content management products and solutions, announces that its Acuo vendor neutral archive (VNA) solution was ranked by global market and economic information analysis firm IHS as the world market share leader among independent software vendors (ISVs) with 42.3 percent of total studies managed. The next closest independent VNA competitor is estimated to hold only 17.6 percent of total studies managed.
- The new IHS report, entitled “World Market for Medical Enterprise Data Storage – 2013,” describes independent VNA software vendors as those companies that do not also provide picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) viewing solutions.
- The report also compares world market share of all VNA suppliers, including independents and PACS-affiliated vendors. Market share growth trends support an IHS prediction in the 2012 edition of report that stated “as the VNA market develops towards full enterprise integration of image and non-image data, independent VNA vendors are projected to benefit the most.”
- The IHS report highlights the diverse relationships Acuo has established with PACS vendors and other solution providers, listing Acuo as the VNA provider for more partners (including AT&T, Dell, EMC, Fujifilm, GNAX Health, IBM, NetApp and Philips Healthcare) than any other VNA vendor.
- A VNA improves clinical workflow and archiving capabilities for healthcare organizations, enabling all clinical content to be easily shared across the enterprise and providing greater freedom and flexibility in implementing departmental systems that best meet patient care, clinical quality and business process needs. IHS reported that a VNA is considered to be a “comprehensive solution” with features that include at a minimum: “DICOM and HL7 communication, support for multiple PACS, non-DICOM data sharing, clinical lifecycle management, security, long-term archive and disaster recovery,” adding that it may also include “XDS registration and repository, storage virtualisation, Web-based access and zero-client viewer.”
- The Acuo VNA is a key component of a unified content platform offered by Perceptive Software that combines VNA with enterprise content management (ECM) to improve patient care and physician satisfaction by providing more complete patient information. When ECM and VNA are cohesive, healthcare organizations can manage and store all forms of unstructured content, business and clinical, and deliver it via a single viewer in context of the patient record through the EMR. A unified content platform improves healthcare data liquidity, driving data sharing to the point of care to facilitate timely physician decision-making and better collaboration.
"IHS expanded its 2013 report to include a separate breakout of market share growth among independent VNA providers,” said Larry Sitka, principal solution architect for Perceptive Software and founder of Acuo Technologies. “We agree that the concept of independence is paramount when it comes to selecting a vendor neutral archive. Our healthcare clients recognize the importance of the organizational freedom, IT negotiating leverage and other benefits that are possible when the VNA layer is agnostic to other clinical software and archives.”
“As healthcare organizations make decisions about replacing aging PACS and other clinical systems,” said Jon Hamdorf, director, global VNA solutions, Perceptive Software, “many are looking at new IT solutions for managing unstructured content that make it easier and less costly to get patient information to the point of need across enterprise boundaries. The Acuo team not only built a comprehensive solution that takes clinical interoperability to a high level but also built strong partnerships with other leading IT providers so that our customers have many different options when deciding how to best deploy a VNA. It explains why Acuo market share continues to grow even as others are shrinking.”
About IHS (http://www.ihs.com)
IHS is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs approximately 8,000 people in 31 countries around the world.
About Perceptive Software (http://www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Lexmark’s Perceptive Software (NYSE: LXK) builds intelligent capture, content management, process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11246653.htm