Atlantic Information Services Webinar to Offer Strategies for Delivering Pharmacy Benefits on Private Exchanges
In a Nov. 5 Atlantic Information Services webinar, participants will learn effective strategies for delivering pharmacy benefits on private exchanges and how they impact insurers, employers and employees.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 22, 2013
Private exchanges are one of the hottest trends in health insurance today. Employers increasingly are adopting them to control health care costs while offering workers a range of tailored coverage options. But what has this innovative model done for pharmacy benefits? As with other insurance products, the pharmacy component arguably is the most widely used benefit on private exchanges. What pharmacy designs are most effective in a benefits structure where consumer choice is king? What strategies should health plans and sponsors adopt to ensure that employees and employers are satisfied? “Rx Benefits in Private Exchanges: Strategies to Enhance Consumer Choice and Health Plan Market Share,” the upcoming Nov. 5 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will offer insights into the pharmacy benefits of the most popular plans sold today on private exchanges.
On Nov. 5, Alan Cohen of Liazon Corp. and David Dross of Mercer Health & Benefits — two of the major organizations operating private exchanges in the U.S. — will provide insider perspectives on key questions such as:
- What pharmacy strategies are health plans and PBMs adopting on the private exchanges, and what results do they hope to achieve?
- How does the pharmacy benefit differ in a private exchange versus a group coverage environment?
- How can employers work with their carriers in a private exchange to manage the pharmacy spend?
- How are narrow pharmacy networks being utilized to achieve savings for payers and patients?
- What operational considerations must be considered when setting up pharmacy networks in the private exchange environment?
- What are the pros and cons of carving in and carving out the pharmacy benefit?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3r48_110513 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11248597.htm