Ross Insurance Offers Advice to Parents in an Effort to Help Reduce the Number of Teen Drinking and Driving Accidents
In light of National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month, Ross Insurance Agency extends advice to parents in an effort to keep teen drivers safe on Massachusetts roads.
Holyoke, MA (PRWEB) December 02, 2013
In light of December being recognized as National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month, Ross Insurance, a Massachusetts-based independent insurance agency, extends its concern and advice to parents in the area.
Did you know that about three in every ten Americans will be involved in an alcohol-related car accident at some point in their lives? This is true, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It is not out of the ordinary to hear about the dangers of drinking and driving, but drivers should not forget about drugged driving.
It is essential for parents and teens drivers to understand that drugged driving is just as dangerous as drunk driving. In fact, according to the Institute for Behavior and Health, Inc. (IBH) website, “Conservative estimates show that 20% of crashes in the U.S. are caused by drugged driving. This translates into about 6,761 deaths, 440,000 injuries and $59.9 billion in costs each year.”
National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month is designed to shed light on both issues. Ross Insurance Agency is here to do the same—starting with some advice for parents.
- Set clear rules for teen drivers. This may mean setting a curfew or having a child “check in” while out late at night.
- Keep a teen driver financially protected with a comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Discuss the dangers of both drinking and drugged and driving. Teens may not fully understand the severity or consequences (such as a DUI).
- Keep alcohol out of reach. If alcohol is easily accessible in the household, teens may be more likely to drink. Keep it locked away.
- Ask questions. It is important to find out the “who, where, and what,” before a teen goes out with friends at night.
- Set a good example for a teen driver.
- Turn to drivers education courses for help. These courses will give a teen the cold, hard facts about both drinking and drugged driving.
Ross Insurance hopes for all drivers to be safe while out on the road. Those who are interested in hearing more from Ross Insurance should visit and “like” their official Facebook page.
About Ross Insurance Agency:
Proudly located in Holyoke, Massachusetts, Ross Insurance Agency is dedicated to serving the insurance needs of local individuals, families and businesses. Since 1925, Ross has been committed to fostering a positive reputation for their agency; striving to emerge as a leading coverage provider, above all other Massachusetts insurance companies. Ross specializes in providing superior Auto, Home, Business, Group and Massachusetts life insurance to residents across the state; in addition to various specialty insurance solutions.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11376562.htm