Debenu’s Lite Pdf Sdk Now Supports OS X and QR Codes
Debenu has released a major update to Debenu Quick PDF Library Lite, the free PDF SDK that supports learning for students and hobby developers, wanting to improve the applications that work with PDF files.
Melbourne, Victoria (PRWEB) January 21, 2014
Australian-based software company Debenu released a major update to Debenu Quick PDF Library Lite which accompanies the release of version 10.12 of the full version of the PDF SDK.
The release includes a Dylib (OS X compatible) edition so that Debenu Quick PDF Library Lite can now be used on Mac as well as PC. The Dylib edition had been requested visitors to the website and forums, and Debenu are pleased to announce its release.
The Lite version can be downloaded at no cost, it has been created to support students and hobby developers wanting to improve their applications interacting with PDF files. The feature set is a subset of those available in the full version of Debenu Quick PDF Library.
The full version of Debenu Quick PDF Library is available for a 30 day trial for those wanting to test out all the features in the PDF SDK.
New functions added to the ActiveX (Windows) and now Dylib (Mac) editions include:
- Merge multiple PDF files together
- Draw QR Codes onto selected page
- Set the initial page layout of the document (single page, one column, etc)
- Set the initial page mode of the document (show bookmarks, full screen mode, etc)
The original features included in the Lite version are:
- Add images to existing PDF files and convert images to PDF files (JPG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, BMP, etc)
- Add text and control location, size, color and font
- Set and get document properties (title, author, subject, keyword)
- Add web links and set base URL
- Get page rotation information and rotate pages
- Get security info such as encryption strength and document permissions
- Set and get PageBox info (MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox, ArtBox)
- Check for fonts, count embedded images, get page width and height
The new functions combined with the existing ones make the Debenu PDF Library Lite the most useful free PDF SDK on the market.
"The OS X version of the royalty free SDK has been warmly welcomed by the Mac community and by our current customer base wanting to create Mac versions of their existing products. It was only natural for us to create a Mac edition of Debenu Quick PDF Library Lite. Debenu is looking forward to seeing how the market reacts to this free offering," explained Rowan Hanna, CTO and Head of Development at Debenu.
Debenu is one of the world’s most innovative PDF and document management software vendors. Producing revolutionary software and custom solutions for Adobe Acrobat, PDF and other file formats since 2007.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11499151.htm