Azoteq Announces the IQS360 Capacitive Touch Controller for Keypads and Trackpads
Azoteq’s IQS360 offers a low cost capacitive touch solution for 12-key keypads and small trackpads.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) February 20, 2014
Azoteq, the world leader in proximity and touch solutions, today announced the release to market of the IQS360. The IQS360 implements a 4 x 3 trackpad with a resolution of 768 x 512. The IQS360 is also well suited for 12-key keypads that require backlighting and proximity wake-up.
The IQS360 offers 12 mutual-capacitance channels. Proximity wakeup allows very low power consumption until the user interacts with the product. The IQS360 also has 8 PWM LED drivers to implement fade in/out backlights. The PWM dimming does not require any overhead from the host controller.
“The IQS360 is the first capacitive controller targeted at small trackpads for applications such as remote controls and VoIP phones. With the integrated 8-channel PWM LED driver the IQS360 can be used to implement a complete user interface,” said Kobus Marneweck, VP of Marketing.
- 12 Mutual Channel Capacitive Controller
- Trackpad with on chip XY coordinate calculation
- Configurable up to 4×3 elements
- 768 x 512 resolution
- Up to 50 Hz report rate
- Absolute and Relative Tracking Data
- 1 MHz or 2 MHz Charge Transfer Frequency
- Advanced on-chip digital signal processing
- Automatic adjustment for optimal performance (ATI)
- User selectable Proximity and Touch thresholds
- Long proximity range
- Automatic drift compensation
- Fast I2C Interface
- Event mode or Streaming modes
- 8 PWM LED/ GPIOs drivers (5 mA source/10 mA sink)
- Hardware PWM set through I2C memory map–no host overhead
- Dimming modes available, up and down
- Minimum, maximum adjustable limit levels for dimming modes
- Adjustable dimming speed
- Low Power, suitable for battery applications
- Supply voltage: 1.8V to 3.6V
- <3 μA Active Low Power mode
- Remote Controls
- VoIP phones
- Audio equipment
- White goods and appliances
- Office equipment, toys
- Medical and test equipment
- Blu-Ray, DVD players, TVs
Pricing and Availability
The IQS360 will be priced at $0.43 in quantities of 1000. For orders of greater than 1M the IQS360 is priced at $0.30.
IQS360 samples and production are available from Mouser now.
About Azoteq (Pty) Ltd
Azoteq (Pty) Ltd (http://www.azoteq.com) is the world leader in proximity and touch solutions for switches, sliders, scroll wheels and touch screens in consumer and industrial applications. Azoteq (Pty) Ltd has design and manufacturing centers in South Africa and China. Azoteq (Pty) Ltd has sales offices and distributors in South Africa, Asia, Europe and the USA.
IQ Switch®, ProxSense®, LightSenseTM, AirButton®, DYCALTM are trademarks of Azoteq (Pty) Ltd.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11591791.htm