AvePoint and IAPP Expand its Privacy Impact Assessment Solution to Address the European Union’s General Data Protection Reform
The AvePoint Privacy Impact Assessment System helps organizations understand and automate the process of evaluating, assessing, and reporting on the privacy implications of their enterprise IT systems.
London (PRWEB) April 24, 2014
With recent updates to the European Union’s General Data Protection Reform (GDPR) affecting members of the European privacy and information security communities, AvePoint, the established leader in enterprise-class big data management, governance, and compliance software solutions for next-generation social collaboration platforms, today announced it joined forces with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) to expand the AvePoint Privacy Impact Assessment System (APIA) to support European initiatives.
“Carrying out a thorough privacy impact assessment at the start of any project is an important step towards making sure that people’s information is being looked after correctly,” said Information Commissioner Christopher Graham. “Any tool that is able to help organisations follow this ‘privacy by design’ approach to project development should be welcomed.”
APIA is an educational solution that helps enterprises understand and automate the process of evaluating, assessing, and reporting on the privacy implications of their enterprise IT systems.
- Analyse how personal information is handled and comply with privacy impact assessments (PIA) required by global privacy legislation such as the European Union’s GDPR.
- APIA’s form-based survey system provides built-in workflows as well as configurable questions and answers to simplify the process for privacy, security, IT, and business owners of enterprise systems to interact and communicate to conduct comprehensive PIAs.
- APIA automatically generates PIA reports in accordance with organisation-specific privacy risk analysis for easier distribution to Chief Privacy Officers for review.
- APIA is fully extensible and customisable for security and vulnerability assessments as well as requirements from other quality assurance and/or records management review.
AvePoint also created templates for two International Organization for Standardization (ISO) security standards in order to optimise APIA use for security professionals at Infosecurity Europe. These standards include Information Security Management (ISO/IEC 27001) and Code of Practice for Information Security Controls (ISO/IEC 27002), and will be available on the IAPP website.
“We’re excited to collaborate with AvePoint to provide a simple method to achieve these goals with a free technology solution that mitigates the risk inherent with manual privacy impact assessments and positions privacy professionals to work more efficiently,” said Jeff Northrop, Chief Technology Officer, IAPP.
Upcoming Sessions Navigating the Intersection of Privacy and Security Compliance
From 29 April – 1 May, AvePoint and the IAPP will co-present multiple sessions that explain the importance of crafting a comprehensive privacy and security compliance strategy to meet GDPR as well as available technology solutions that can aid in this process at the IAPP Europe Data Protection Intensive and Infosecurity Europe 2014.
- Privacy and Security by Design: Automating Your Impact Assessments: On Tuesday, April 29, 2014, Zachary Silver, AvePoint Compliance Solutions Engineer, will give a live demonstration of the AvePoint Privacy Impact Assessment (APIA) solution, exclusively distributed by the IAPP.
- Privacy and Security by Design: Automating Impact Assessments for Your Enterprise Software Systems: On Wednesday April 30, 2014, Ralph O’Brien, AvePoint Senior Compliance Solution Specialist, and Sam Pfeifle, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Publications Director, will provide insight into how various technology trends are impacting your privacy and security protection policies; and how Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) can be used to reduce risks associated with introducing or developing collaboration technologies and platforms to your enterprise workers.
“The digitisation of business throughout Europe and around the world is making it increasingly difficult for organisations to manage privacy and security risks across their highly complex IT systems,” said Robert B. Yonaitis, Chief Research Scientist, AvePoint. “AvePoint is honored to join the IAPP to ensure we are empowering the global privacy community with the research, education, public outreach and solutions necessary to help prevent these occurrences rather than deal with the aftermath.”
AvePoint is the established leader in enterprise-class big data management, governance, and compliance software solutions for next-generation social collaboration platforms. Focusing on helping enterprises in their digitisation journey to enable their information workers to collaborate with confidence, AvePoint is first-to-market with a unique solution that centralises access and control of information assets residing in disparate collaboration and document management systems on-premises and in the cloud. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, AvePoint serves more than 13,000 organisations worldwide, with focused practices in the energy and utilities; financial services; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; and public sector industries.
About the IAPP
The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource, helping practitioners develop and advance their careers and organisations manage and protect their data. Founded in 2000, the IAPP is a not-for-profit association that helps define, support and improve the privacy profession globally. More information about the IAPP is available at http://www.privacyassociation.org
AvePoint Media Contact
Christopher Musico – Vice President, Global Communications
IAPP Media Contact
Edelman on behalf of the IAPP
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11784038.htm