Gout Disease Treatment Market to Reach $2.28 Billion by 2018 Says a New Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
RnRMarketResearch.com adds “Opportunity Analyzer: Gout – Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2018” to its store. Novel therapies to boost gout disease treatment market, but physician education needs to be improved.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) May 28, 2014
Thanks to the introduction of novel therapies in the near future, the gout disease treatment market value will increase from $989 million in 2013 to $2.28 billion by 2018, at a significant compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.2%. The company’s latest report Opportunity Analyzer: Gout – Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2018 states that out of the six major markets (6MM: the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK), the US accounted for 90% of the 2013 gout treatment sales. This was due to the wide use of Colcrys therapy, which is not generically available in the US, as well as the high prevalence of gout in the country.
The acute gout segment of the market will double in size over the forecast period, reaching $337m in 2018 at a CAGR of 15%. The chronic gout market, which encompasses urate-lowering and prophylactic anti-inflammatory therapies, will experience even faster growth at a CAGR of 18.8%, and it will more than double in size, reaching over 1.9 billion in 2018. With the current standard of care for gout already encompassing very successful and cheap treatments, the bar for success in the gout market is quite high. As a result, companies are shifting the focus of their research toward more severe gout cases, trying to address the greatest unmet needs. One of the major drivers of the gout market is the growing number of patients suffering from difficult-to-treat gout, for whom the standard therapies are inappropriate due to the presence of comorbidities, unresponsiveness, or intolerance. Targeting this patient niche is the strongest trend in the research and development (R&D) strategies of the gout players.
Order a purchase copy of this report at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=180820.
The five European countries (5EU) are now experiencing a dramatic increase in gout prevalence, which is 2.3 times faster than in the US. By the end of the forecast period, Publisher expects the 5EU to have a market share of 12.5%.
Analyst covering Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disorders, says: “With the recent approval of the powerful anti-inflammatory therapy Ilaris, and the market entry of two novel urate-lowering therapies, lesinurad and ulodesine, physicians will have more options available to tackle difficult-to-treat gout.”
The standard treatments are effective in most gout patients, therefore making gout a potentially curable disease. However, there are a growing number of patients for whom the standard therapies are inappropriate. Since most physicians still do not take gout seriously enough, they are passing on this attitude to their patients, who are consequently unaware of the importance of keeping their urate levels down and are not sticking to the appropriate therapy. This in turn is leading to an increase in the difficult-to-treat patient pool.
Complete report available at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/opportunityanalyzer-gout-opportunity-analysis-and-forecast-to-2018-market-report.html.
- One of the main drivers of the enormous expansion of the gout market will be the introduction of the novel urate-lowering agents, lesinurad and ulodesine, which will be used as add-on therapies to the current standard of care and target the treatment-failure gout population.
- Another strong driver will be the more aggressive approach to urate-lowering treatment, as recommended by the latest treatment guidelines, which will increase the patient pool treated with urate-lowering agents and prophylactic anti-inflammatory therapy.
- Companies are shifting the focus of their research toward more severe gout cases, trying to address the greatest unmet needs.
- Reasons for inadequate gout treatment include a poor patient understanding of their disease and physician failure to develop targeted treatment plans.
- Overview of gout, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized gout therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2013 and forecast for five years to 2018.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the gout therapeutics market.
Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global gout therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Explore more reports on the Arthritis therapeutics industry at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/pharmaceuticals/therapeutics/arthritis-therapeutics.
RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2018-gout-disease-market/analysis-and-forecast/prweb11886120.htm