OnlineSchoolsCenter.com Publishes Top 30 List of Most Technologically Savvy Online Schools in the U.S.
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Aug. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — OnlineSchoolsCenter.com has released its list of the Top 30 Most Technologically Savvy Online Schools in the United States. The schools listed in the article are among the best of the best when it comes to providing a technologically enhanced online experience that will enable their students to grow and learn in a format that enhances their lives and furthers their career.
You may view the list in its entirety, along with photos of the schools and descriptions of what makes them technologically advanced, at the full article:
The researchers behind this ranking considered various publicly available technology related variables such as “Student Services and Technology” scores. They also considered each potential university’s methods of delivery, software and technology investments and selected schools that offer the best technological resources to prospective online students.
A plethora of high quality, bandwidth and graphic intensive computer programs are used among these online universities and colleges and it’s this software that is the foundation for a successful online experience. Recorded lectures and live streaming allows the at-home, at-work, at…anywhere student to get as much of the on-campus experience as possible while maintaining their life commitments. Some schools even offer interactive learning allowing the student to connect directly with the teaching staff, other online students from around the world and tutors that can aid in assignments.
Lead researcher and writer, Luke Paton says, “Technology is king when it comes to selecting the best online school and virtual classroom. Many distance learners are busy adults with tightly packed schedules, fitting in work, family or both. Those demands require course material that is presented punctually, accessibly and in a variety of innovative of ways. This list was compiled as a helpful guide for future distance learners hoping to use the latest online educational technology.”
Schools making the list include:
30. The George Washington University – Washington, D.C.
29. University of Texas at Brownsville – Brownsville, Texas
28. University of Bridgeport – Bridgeport, Connecticut
27. John Hopkins University – Baltimore, Maryland
26. Fort Hays State University – Hays, Kansas
25. Utah State University – Logan, Utah
24, Boston University – Boston, Massachusetts
23. Arizona State University – Tempe, Arizona
22. McKendree University – Lebanon, Illinois
21. SUNY Delhi – Delhi – New York
20. Pace University – New York City, New York
19. Central Michigan University – Mount Pleasant, Michigan
18. Wright State University – Dayton, Ohio
17. Drexel University – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
16. University of California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California
15. Sam Houston State University – Huntsville, Texas
14. Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California – Los Angeles, California
13. Westfield State University – Westfield, Massachusetts
12. Washington State University – Pullman, Washington
11. Northern Illinois University – DeKalb, Illinois
10. Western Carolina University – Cullowhee, North Carolina
9. East Carolina University – Greenville, North Carolina
8. St. John’s University – New York City, New York
7. University of Denver – Denver, Colorado
6. Regent University – Virginia Beach, Virginia
5. University of Wisconsin-Platteville – Platteville, Wisconsin
4. New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering – New York City, New York
3. Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Science, Columbia University – New York City, New York
2. Wilmington University – New Castle, Delaware
1. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Daytona Beach, Florida
OnlineSchoolsCenter.com is an independent online web publication that is committed to enhancing the information available to students when choosing an online school. The editors of OnlineSchoolsCenter.com collect the most important and relevant data about online schools and degrees available from various highly respected sources and offer them in an easy to digest format.