Satisfy a Lawn’s Thirst with an Adequate Irrigation System: The Grounds Guys® Offers Suggestions on Selecting and Maintaining Irrigation System
Using an effective water irrigation system is a must for homeowners. The Grounds Guys offers general suggestions on selecting and maintaining a water irrigation system that satisfies a lawn's needs.
Waco, Texas (PRWEB) August 13, 2014
Depending on the type of grass, soil, sunlight and climate, most lawns need an average of 1 inch of water per week to maintain a lush, green appearance. For many homeowners, the water comes from an effective irrigation system. The Grounds Guys offers these general suggestions on how to select and maintain a water irrigation system that satisfies a lawn’s needs.
- Invest in a system that offers the latest in water irrigation technology. Many systems offer soil moisture sensors, slope adjustments, and weather data control systems. Work with a professional to find the best system to meet lawn watering needs.
- Watch the system in action. Make adjustments to reduce or increase the pressure to ensure the right amounts of water are distributed onto the lawn. Place a rain gauge in various locations in the yard to make sure the water is being distributed evenly.
- Inspect your sprinkler system. Check for broken, missing, or clogged sprinkler heads. If so, have them repaired by a professional.
- Invest in a timer and schedule watering in the morning from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Avoid watering lawns at night to avoid risk of disease.
- Save water by installing a rain sensor that turns off the irrigation system automatically when it detects rainfall.
- Make sure tall grass, ground cover, and shrubs are not blocking or causing uneven distribution of the water from the sprinklers.
- Consider using an alternate source of water to save money. When available, alternate sources can include water from creeks, ponds, and shallow wells.
The professionals at The Grounds Guys can assist you in developing a strategy to satisfy all your lawn care needs, including irrigation. They will work with you in creating a localized irrigation system customized to your lawns needs.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12092573.htm