July 30, 2008
Rising Demand From the Overseas and Domestic Markets is Boosting China’s Car DVD Player Production
Research and Markets
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ df2ae5/china_sourcing_rep) has announced the addition of the "China Sourcing Report: Car DVD Players" report to their offering.
Based on in-factory tours
Home to over 300 car DVD player suppliers, China produced about 8 million units in 2007 with sales of about $1 billion, of which 80% were exported. This year, exports are pegged to increase by 10 to 20 percent on average.
China makers are strengthening core technology and product differentiation to stay ahead of the competition.
Be there to catch the market boom by contacting the right car DVD player supplier in China. Your very own copy of this report will help you:
- Determine which makers are integrating add-on functions, complete car electronic systems and developing the car PC with integrated entertainment functions
- Find out which vendors are fast-tracking the development of compatible models for newly launched vehicles
- Discover which suppliers are sourcing TFT-LCD panels from CPT, LG Display, Samsung, Panasonic and Sharp
With profiles of 40 suppliers, 152 products and a comprehensive overview of China's car DVD players market, this report will answer all these questions ... and MORE.
What you'll get
- In-depth profile tables for 28 leading China-based manufacturers -- detailing their background, manufacturing and export strengths, R&D plans and more. Based on factory visits and personal interviews with senior managers, this information is not available anywhere else
- Short profiles of 12 additional makers highlighting key sourcing information including company details, production capacity and key export markets
- A gallery of the 152 most popular export models complete with full-color photographs and top-line specifications
- The results of Global Sources' latest supplier survey, forecasting production, export and R&D trends for the next 12 months
- Lists of the top 10 exporters for each type of product covered in this report: in-dash, sun visor, flip down, headrest and car DVD players without monitors
- A price guide that lists specific features and functions buyers can expect per price range
- An easy-to-use table of verified contact details -- including contact person, phone numbers, email addresses and website URLs -- to help you reach the makers featured in this report
The booming global market for car multimedia systems has propelled China's car DVD player industry to prominence. In 2007, China suppliers produced about 8 million car DVD players on sales of approximately $1 billion. Export sales are expected to grow by 10 to 20 percent on average in 2008.
The US used to be the main export destination for aftermarket car DVD players from China suppliers. However, the weakness in the US economy has made it a less attractive export market, a situation aggravated by the continued appreciation of the yuan against the US dollar. Hence, many suppliers are shifting their attention to other export markets.
Suppliers are also starting to realize the huge sales potential in the domestic market. China's car and commercial vehicle production grew 22 percent year-on-year in 2007, making the country the third biggest car maker globally, behind the US and Japan. This presents an opportunity for car DVD player suppliers looking to expand their market share, particularly for OBM business.
However, with companies of varying backgrounds rushing to jump onto the car DVD player bandwagon, the industry may undergo consolidation. Newer suppliers lacking the core technology and product differentiation to compete effectively will be pressured to exit the industry. The remaining suppliers have to share the spoils of the aftermarket as the lucrative OEM segment is dominated by a few large-scale companies.
The following are some of the key trends that we see in China's car DVD player industry:
- The severe competition will compel many makers to slash prices by up to 15 percent. However, export quotes of low-end products, which have bottomed out, will likely increase in the next few months
- While more multifunction products will continue to be released, the integration of a complete car system is a major R&D focus for many suppliers
- Although the US will remain one of the biggest export destinations, more suppliers will increase their shipments to the EU and explore emerging markets in the Middle East, Asia and Africa
- Due to the low capacity utilization rate for the product line, most makers will not pursue capacity expansion plans in 2008
Key Topics Covered:
- Supplier summary
- Production & exports
- Main production center
- Suppliers by location
- Products & prices
- Top 10 exporters
- Price guides
- Export statistics
- Supplier survey
- Export prices, export capability, price increase, export sales, challenges, target markets, product trends, capacity expansion
- Supplier locations
- Industry composition
- Top 20 exporters
- Supplier matrix
- Production checklist
- Supplier profiles
- Top-selling export products
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/ research/df2ae5/china_sourcing_rep
Source: Global Sources
(c) 2008 BUSINESS WIRE. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.