August 25, 2008
The Essential Wireless Technology Trends Report for 2008
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2a39f5/wireless_technolog) has announced the addition of the "Wireless Technology Trends Report 2008" report to their offering.
This new study on wireless technology trends and forecasts status and potential of WiMAX, ZigBee, Ultrawideband, and Bluetooth. Pervasive uses for each technology are driven by rapidly increasing consumer demand for wireless connectivity.
"Over the last 12 months, many of the emerging wireless technologies have begun to exploit market sectors ranging from home automation to industrial and consumer electronics," says Dr Kirsten West, Principal Analyst of WTRS.
"The adoption of wireless as a pervasive technology is not a matter of 'if', but when. The consumer desire for increasingly unfettered wireless connectivity is clear."
This Wireless Technology Trends Report fills the need for a truly comprehensive wireless analysis designed to serve companies in need of understanding the position of individual technologies in the context of the overall market. This report is written for companies involved in or potentially entering the wireless market that are interested in a general overview accompanied by detailed forecasts.
(1) Ultra wideband has shifted from a nascent technology to a solidly emerging protocol underlying the certified wireless USB and Bluetooth "high speed" implementations.
(2) Certified wireless USB will enable wireless transfer of photographs and other media from consumer electronics devices to personal computing and output devices.
(3) Bluetooth has undergone an expansion campaign over the last 18 months to incorporate newly-emerging protocols such as near-field communications (NFC), Wibree, and Ultra Wideband.
(4) ZigBee is poised to make great strides in the next year and many new products are expected to be released to market. It is very possible that the momentum of ZigBee will finally surge in 2008.
(5) Wireless delivery of high definition video content is an area that has very much emerged over the last 12 months. The market for wireless delivery of high definition video promises to be large, with decisive consumer adoption once the technology has been proven in end products.
(6) WiMAX has become a significant competition to alternative technologies in emerging markets.
Latest Trends in Emerging Wireless Technologies Evaluated in New Market Analysis
New study of wireless technology trends and forecasts status and market potential for WiMAX, ZigBee, Ultrawideband and Bluetooth.
The Wireless Technology Trends Report examines the market potential, effectiveness of existing technologies and components, global market trends, outstanding regulatory issues, progress of standards development, regional economic effects, and strategic developments of market makers. It also includes an evaluation of emerging wireless technologies including applications of WiMAX, IEEE 802.16m, LTE, Bluetooth, UWB, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.15.4, EnOcean, and ZigBee. Further, an evaluation of the contribution by the individual technologies to future wireless market development is provided. Finally, a 5-year forecast that details sales volume, unit shipments, and average selling price by vertical technology segment provides data that can be used to build business or product plans.
The Wireless Technology Trends Report fills the need for a comprehensive overview of wireless technology which analyzes the position of individual technologies in the context of the overall market. This report is designed for companies and individuals involved in or planning to enter the wireless market that are interested in a general overview accompanied by detailed forecasts.
The Wireless Technology Trends Report finds that:
(1) Efficient power management, low power operation on batteries and Energy Harvesting technologies are an emerging focus of Wireless Sensor Network technologies. These key enabling technologies are driving new solutions in the Wireless Sensor Networks industry.
(2) Ultrawideband has shifted from a nascent technology to a solidly emerging protocol underlying the certified wireless USB and Bluetooth "high speed" implementations.
(3) Certified wireless USB will enable wireless transfer of still and moving media from consumer electronics devices to personal computing and output devices.
(4) The Bluetooth standard continues to evolve, incorporating newly-emerging protocols such as near-field communications (NFC), Wibree and Ultra Wideband, to meet evolving market and application requirements.
(5) Wireless delivery of high definition video content is an area that has come to the fore over the last 12 months. The market for wireless delivery of high definition video promises to be large, with decisive consumer adoption once the technology has been proven in end products.
(6) WiMAX has come forward as significant competition to alternative technologies in emerging markets.
Key Topics Covered:
-General Maturation of Wireless Markets
-Wireless Market Convergence Opportunities
-Wireless Telecommunications Market Overview
-Analysis Of Telecommunications Market Drivers
-- Efforts to Enter Mobile Sector with Video Services
-- Mobile WiMax Developments
-- Role of DLNA in Developing Wireless-enabled Consumer Electronics
-- Integration of WiFi into Cellular Handsets
-- Femtocells and Wireless Connectivity Converge
-Wireless Connectivity Market Overview
-Wireless Connectivity Convergence Analysis
-- The Effect of Wired Standards on Wireless Connectivity Markets
-- Analysis of Wireless Connectivity Market Drivers
-- 802.11n Adoption & WiFi Alliance Trends
-- Analysis of WirelessHD Development
-- Amimon and Wireless HDI
-- Bluetooth SIG Evolution
-State Of The Wireless PAN Industry
-- Wireless Sensor Network Standards Slow to Mature
-Personal Area Network Market Driver Analysis
-- Political Shifts Drive WSN Innovation
-- Regulatory Influences Strongly Effect 802.15.4 Markets
-- Power Management for Wireless Sensor Networks
-Wireless Broadband Market Forecasts
-Wireless Connectivity Market Forecasts
-Wireless Sensor Network Market Forecasts
- Arch Rock
- Bel Air Networks
- Bluetooth SIG
- Coronis Networks
- Dust Networks
- Dynastream Innovations
- Ember Corporation
- GreenPeak Technologies
- Harris Broadcast
- HomeGrid Forum
- Intel Corporation
- LG Electronics
- Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.
- NEC Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- Virtual Extension
- WiMAX Forum
- WiMedia Alliance
- WirelessHD Alliance
- ZigBee Alliance
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2a39f5/wireless_technolog