AT&T U-Verse Arrives in Flint and Saginaw
SAGINAW, Mich., Sept. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Flint- and Saginaw-area residents now have a new — and better — choice for their television and communications services. AT&T Inc. today announced the launch of the company’s integrated suite of AT&T U-verse(SM) services, including AT&T U-verse TV, AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet and AT&T U-verse Voice.
AT&T U-verse brings together your TV, broadband, home phone and AT&T wireless services — all on one bill — with unique features that provide a new level of integration, convenience and control. AT&T U-verse TV, High Speed Internet and Voice services are all delivered over AT&T’s advanced Internet Protocol (IP) network.
Customers can currently order AT&T U-verse services in parts of nearly 30 local communities, including Flint, Midland, Saginaw and others. AT&T will make U-verse services available to more homes throughout the area on an ongoing basis.
“With the launch of AT&T U-verse TV, customers in Flint and the Tri-Cities region are finally getting a better choice to break free from cable,” said Robert Nixon, AT&T general manager for Michigan. “And we’re taking it even further by making your services work together and offering cool features you can’t get anywhere else.”
A Better Television Choice With AT&T U-verse TV
AT&T is the only national service provider to offer a 100 percent IP-based television (IPTV) service. IP technology helps make AT&T U-verse TV one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today, with advanced capabilities that customers don’t get from other providers and access to more than 45 High Definition (HD) channels.
“We are thrilled to be able to provide more Michigan consumers with real choice in television services,” said Gail Torreano, president of AT&T Michigan. “The Michigan Legislature paved the way for this investment by passing video reform legislation in 2006, and we are proud to follow through on our commitment to bring investment and high-tech jobs along with new and innovative products to Michigan consumers.”
AT&T is introducing U-verse services in Michigan thanks to legislation which passed in 2006 and was supported by all state legislators in Bay, Genesee, Midland and Saginaw Counties — including Lt. Gov. John Cherry and State Rep. Jeff Mayes. The Public Act 480 of 2006, which went into effect last year, provides an environment that encourages new video providers, such as AT&T, to invest and create new jobs in Michigan and to compete against incumbent cable providers.
Where available, local AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy numerous TV benefits, including:
* An attractive selection of TV packages. You can choose from a variety of subscription options that feature up to 320 channels, including digital music, local, movie and sports programming, as well as premium Spanish-language and international packages. All packages include HD-capable equipment, and most packages include an HD-capable digital video recorder (DVR). (More receivers can be added for $5 each a month.)
* More HD channels than the major local cable providers, with an extensive lineup of more than 45 HD channels. U-verse TV supports both 720p and 1080i formats. Access to HD service is $10 a month with any U-verse TV package.
* The ability to set your DVR from any location. With AT&T Yahoo! Web and Mobile Remote Access to DVR, you can schedule recordings from any Web- connected PC or compatible AT&T mobile phone (wireless service charges apply) by using your AT&T High Speed Internet account.
* The ability to record up to four programs at once using a DVR (up to four standard definition programs or two HD and two standard definition programs) — another feature that is exclusive to AT&T U-verse TV. You can store up to 37 hours of HD content or up to 133 hours of SD content, which is more storage than most cable providers’ DVRs.
* AT&T Online Photos from Flickr, which allows you to simply and conveniently browse the photos you’ve uploaded to flickr.com and watch slide shows on your U-verse TV screen from the comfort of your couch.
* AT&T U-bar, which brings customizable weather, stock, sports and traffic information to the U-verse TV screen, without interrupting the current program. AT&T High Speed Internet subscribers can personalize the U-bar from the AT&T portal to display weather at specific locations, your personal stock portfolio and scores for your favorite sports teams.
* Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, which allows you to track the progress of your fantasy team — including current team matchups and league standings — directly from your TV screen through the AT&T U-bar.
* YELLOWPAGES.COM TV, for fast and easy searches to find local businesses and other information via your TV screen.
* AT&T Yahoo! Games, so you can now play your favorite online games — including Sudoku, Solitaire, JT’s Blocks, Mah-jongg Tiles and Chess — on the TV screen.
* Built-in Picture-in-Picture, which lets you channel-surf on any television without leaving the program you’re watching.
* Fast channel-changing, reducing the delay experienced with other digital video services.
* A growing Video On Demand (VOD) library with one-touch access to movies and events.
* Advanced search to find upcoming linear or VOD programs by using the title or an actor’s name, including HD VOD titles
* Easy-to-use parental controls to block live or recorded programs or on- demand videos by specific channel or ratings.
* Specially designed U-verse receivers. All U-verse receivers are HD- capable and include universal remote controls with backlit buttons and one- touch access to VOD, recorded TV and other popular U-verse features.
AT&T U-verse offers multiple combinations of TV, Internet and Voice packages to customize your experience. U-verse TV offers five programming packages — U100, U200, the popular U300 and U400 packages, plus U-family, a market-leading family-friendly programming option. Current AT&T U-verse TV pricing starts at $44 a month, depending on the selected programming package (taxes, fees and other monthly charges apply).
Professional installation is included for new U-verse TV customers, and you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. New customers can receive a $200 cash-back redemption by gift check when they order a qualifying TV package online. Additional promotional offers are available to qualifying customers who bundle Internet or AT&T U-verse Voice service.
Quad-Play Integration With AT&T U-verse Voice
U-verse Voice is a next-generation digital voice service that brings more control and functionality to your home phone. Unlike many Voice over IP (VoIP) providers that offer best-effort digital phone services over the public Internet, U-verse Voice is a managed IP-based service that is delivered over AT&T’s fiber-rich network. This allows U-verse Voice customers to enjoy great sound quality and reliability, as well as unmatched calling features that combine with your AT&T U-verse TV, broadband and AT&T wireless services, including:
* Combined AT&T U-verse Voice and AT&T wireless voice mail with U-verse Messaging, which provides a single voice mailbox that can be accessed from any phone line or PC.
* U-verse Central, an online management portal that gives you the option to easily and conveniently manage your call preferences, voice mail, contacts, call history and more from any PC, in addition to the ability to control call preferences from your home phone.
* An online voice mailbox to check, manage and forward voice mail from the online portal, much like an e-mail inbox.
* Call History, which enables you to view your most recent incoming and outgoing calls online or to view your most recent incoming calls on your AT&T U-verse TV screen.
* Click to Call, which will initiate a call from your home phone to any number in your Call History with one click of a mouse or the U-verse TV remote control.
* An online Address Book that is accessible from any PC and allows you to Click to Call from your home phone, to create and share contact groups with other U-verse Voice customers or to set up distribution lists for voice messages.
* Locate Me, a feature that provides simultaneous ringing on up to four wireless or landline numbers so you never miss an important incoming call.
* Traditional calling features, such as Call Screening, Call Blocking, Do Not Disturb and privacy settings.
All U-verse Voice customers will have 911 service. Where available via the local 911 network, U-verse Voice customers will have Enhanced 911 (E911) service.
U-verse TV customers can choose from two flexible U-verse Voice calling plans. U-verse Voice Unlimited includes unlimited local and nationwide minutes to any location in the U.S., Canada or U.S. territories for $30 a month, and U-verse Voice 1000 includes 1,000 Call Anywhere minutes to any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories for $25 a month. A second phone line, which shares the primary line’s calling plan, can be added for $20 a month, and each plan features competitive international rates with no recurring monthly charge.
AT&T’s wireless customers who subscribe to an AT&T Unity(SM) plan can call any AT&T U-verse Voice number from their mobile phone as part of the nation’s largest free calling community without using any wireless Anytime Minutes.
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet for Consumers and Small Businesses
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet offers more bandwidth and faster available speeds to meet the needs of every consumer or small business broadband user, including four package options:
* Max: Downstream speeds up to 10.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps * Elite: Downstream speeds up to 6.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps * Pro: Downstream speeds up to 3.0 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
* Express: Downstream speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, upstream speeds up to 1.0 Mbps
All AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet packages include wireless home or office networking at no extra cost, giving customers the freedom to access online photos, receive and send large data files, view streaming video and access other high-bandwidth applications from a wireless-enabled laptop or other device. Subscribers also receive virtually unlimited e-mail storage, powerful anti-virus and anti-spam software and access to the nation’s largest Wi-Fi network with free unlimited connectivity at more than 17,000 hot spot locations.
AT&T is deploying next-generation AT&T U-verse services as part of its mission to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. Through AT&T U-verse and the company’s 100 percent IP platform, consumers will benefit from integrated AT&T services across the three screens they value most: the TV, the PC and the wireless phone.
For additional information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in your area — visit http://uverse.att.com/, call 800-ATT-2020 or visit one of the following AT&T retail locations:
* 4029 Miller Road, Flint, 810-733-6061 * 6800 Eastman Avenue, Midland, 989-631-4585 * 2910 Tittabawassee Road, Saginaw 989-790-4817 About AT&T
AT&T Inc. is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their offerings are the world’s most advanced IP-based business communications services and the nation’s leading wireless, high speed Internet access and voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. In 2008, AT&T again ranked No. 1 on Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Telecommunications Company list and No. 1 on America’s Most Admired Telecommunications Company list. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/.
(C) 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. Yahoo!, the Yahoo! logos and other product and service names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc.
Note: This AT&T news release and other announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at http://www.att.com/rss. For more information and detailed disclaimer information, please review this announcement in the AT&T newsroom at http://www.att.com/newsroom.
CONTACT: Amy Grundman of AT&T Inc., +1-313-310-8909,email@example.com
Web site: http://www.att.com/