October 28, 2008
Examine the Transformation Strategies That Carriers Will Follow As They Adopt IP and Ethernet Architectures Over the Next Twelve Years
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3b8487/telecom_2020_tran) has announced the addition of the "Telecom 2020: Transformation Strategies" report to their offering.
Transformation strategies that carriers will follow as they adopt IP and Ethernet architectures
This will require that operators restructure their services and adopt new network architectures. IP, Ethernet, and fiber are the key networking technologies that will provide the necessary economies and scaling. Other new technologies will blur the lines between wireless and wireline networks by using common networks to deliver wireless and wireline services. VoIP will use a common infrastructure to deliver voice to both. Femto cells will carry mobile voice and data traffic over wireline broadband networks.
The evolution to the powerful, converged networks of 2020 will bring new service options to businesses and consumers. The walls between services will fall whether they are between wireless and wireline services or between voice and data.
This report finds that these changes will bring a significant restructuring of the industry through new partnerships and through mergers and acquisitions.
It defines the service and network strategies that will be used by leading service providers in 2020. These strategies will result from the shift toward data and content services. It discusses the full scale adoption of IP and IP VPN data services, VoIP, plus IPTV and other content services. This report discusses the network architectures that will be required to support these new services.
It includes discussions of:
- Multimedia and entertainment services that will move service providers squarely into content distribution and creation and will generate unparalleled levels of traffic.
- How video traffic will become the dominant traffic type and will require special handling in order to maintain the quality of other services.
- New network architectures to support the high speed data and video services especially in the metro aggregation networks.
- How the integration of networks will lead to the integration of networks will lead to the integration of services.
- How home and business networks will change and how service providers will take an important role in the management of these networks.
- How VoIP will become the fundamental technology for delivering wireless and wireline voice services.
- How back office systems will change to support a much more dynamic service deployment environment.
- Policy and regulatory issues that will enable or inhibit this transformation including spectrum, open access, net neutrality, and privacy.
- Increasing demands for eco friendly networks and services that will reduce the carbon footprint for telecom networks and enable other businesses and consumers to reduce theirs through communications
- Profiles of six global service providers that have already adopted important services and network best practices.
- Strategies for service providers and for telecom system companies will need to adopt to be ready for the changes coming over the next decade.
This report will cover the major aspects of the Telecom industry including wireless and wireline, consumer and enterprise, along with content and applications.
It will help systems companies understand the service and network issues that their product and marketing strategies must address. It identifies key issues that the service providers must address and provides guidance for the largest to the smallest system companies.
This report will help carriers prepare for the transformation to the services and networks coming in 2020. Service providers will learn about the service and networks and the technologies that will support them over the next decade. It will also identify the business challenges that they will face and help them understand the kinds of partnerships or mergers and acquisitions that they will need to be successful.
Key Topics Covered:
- Overview of Key Trends
- Converged Services
- Home and Business Networks
- Fundamental Network Technologies
- Regulatory and Policy Issues
- Green Telecom
- Telecom 2020 Service Provider Examples
- Telecom 2020 System Company Strategies
- Carrier Evolution to Telecom 2020
- Verizon Communications
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3b8487/telecom_2020_tran