Eurotech Introduces Catalyst Module XL, a Compact, Rugged Embedded Computer Based on Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor Z5xx Series Platform
Eurotech’s Catalyst Module XL Uses Latest Version of the Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor for Applications Running at Extended Temperatures Using Less Than 3W Power
Based on the new Intel(R) Atom(TM) processor Z5xx series platform, the Catalyst Module XL operates at extended temperatures and retains plug-in compatibility with the original Catalyst Module.
The Eurotech Catalyst Module XL has very compact 67x100mm form factor and unveils the full feature set of the Intel(R) Atom(TM) platform.
Distinctive features of Eurotech’s Catalyst Module XL include:
- Low power design: less than 3W in typical applications thanks to the Eurotech microcontroller-based power management system
- Rugged for temperature: suitable for extended temperature range
- Rugged for vibration: memory subsystem with chips soldered on board for higher reliability
- Expandable: 2GB memory configurations available
- Flexibility: BIOS and embedded controller can be customized to manage system functions and minimize power consumption
- Robust EMI design: Low emissions for minimal electromagnetic interference and radio frequency interference
- Compatibility: drop-in replacement for the original, standard temperature range Catalyst Module
“Eurotech’s engineering team was able to deliver the same form factor in the Catalyst Module XL as it is in the popular Catalyst Module, even though the processor package is larger,” explains
“Intel has extended our Intel Atom processor Z5xx series platform to offer an industrial temperature range of minus 40 to 85 C, and a larger footprint version with 1.0 mm ball pitch,” said
The Eurotech Catalyst Module XL and ISIS XL demonstrations are operating in the Eurotech booth (#12-116) and the Intel booth (#9-357) at the Embedded World 2009 exhibition in Nuremberg,
The Catalyst Module XL will be available in the second quarter of 2009.
Eurotech is a global leader in the design, development and production of application-ready embedded computer systems. Eurotech architects systems that help companies bring their products to market quickly through the latest technologies with advanced graphics capabilities, low-power consumption, and robust functionality. Eurotech specializes in helping customers connect their applications to the latest available wireless, mobile and enabling technologies. For more information, please visit the Eurotech website at http://www.eurotech.com.
Intel and Intel Atom are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.