Microsoft and Lenovo Make Dean’s List With Ultimate Academic PCs
In tough economic times, college and university students, faculty, and staff are offered premium Microsoft software pre-loaded on high-performance Lenovo ThinkPad laptops at an affordable price.
The Ultimate Academic PC promotion offers four exclusive configurations:
- ThinkPad T400. The 14-inch widescreen laptop gives users powerful processing functionality, a host of wireless connectivity options and multimedia features essential for college students. Lenovo also builds in a roll cage to give the laptop extra durability to meet the rigors of academic life.
- ThinkPad R500. This laptop packs in the same functionality as the ThinkPad T400 but gives users extra screen real estate with a 15-inch display.
- ThinkPad X200 Tablet. The Tablet offers note-takers the best of both worlds with a Tablet PC and a laptop all in one. The 12-inch screen swivels both directions for easy maneuvering in class, and has low reflectivity and wide viewing angles; the Tablet also features a full-size keyboard, and more than 10 hours of battery life for all-day computing.(1)
- ThinkPad X301. Lenovo’s thinnest and lightest full-function PC, the ThinkPad X301 comes with several leading technologies such as solid state drive storage for greater reliability, an LED display for a crisp viewing experience and two roll cages to make the laptop extremely light yet sturdy.
Currently available in the U.S., the Ultimate Academic PCs give students access to Microsoft software including Windows Vista Ultimate, which offers students extensive options for music, images, online entertainment, extended battery life, and the most advanced, layered security protection of any Windows release yet.
By coupling this with Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007, students have access to a comprehensive set of tools that can help them create high-quality documents with Microsoft Office Word 2007, Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 and Microsoft Office Publisher 2007; gather and consolidate lecture notes or research with Microsoft Office OneNote 2007; stay organized with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007; and easily collaborate with colleagues and professors across geographical boundaries using Microsoft Office Groove 2007.
“The Ultimate Academic PC is ideal for students because it gives them everything they need to be successful as soon as they take it out of the box,” said
The Ultimate Academic PC was initiated by
“By combining Windows Vista Ultimate and Microsoft Office Ultimate software with Lenovo’s durable ThinkPad laptops, we created a PC that would help students achieve academic success in an increasingly competitive environment and continue to help them as they enter the business world,” Ptaszynski said. “In addition, the Ultimate Academic PC will help students enjoy their down time with features like a built-in camera, advanced graphics for gaming enthusiasts, and access to additional free online services available from Microsoft such as Windows Live Messenger to help students keep up with their busy social lives.”
“Advanced PCs are no longer a luxury, but a necessity in higher education,” said
Students, faculty and staff with valid e-mail addresses at accredited colleges and universities qualify for the Ultimate Academic PC. Pricing for models begins at
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building exceptionally engineered personal computers. Lenovo’s business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services worldwide. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato,
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
(1) Maximum battery life achieved with eight-cell battery, solid state drive storage and LED backlit display configuration. Measured by MobileMark 2007.
(2) Prices do not include tax or shipping, are subject to change without notice, and are tied to specific terms and conditions. Reseller prices may vary. Price does not include all advertised features. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice.
SOURCE Microsoft Corp.