Sensys Networks wireless sensors based on TI microcontrollers help manage traffic for 10+ years without maintenance
Sensys Networks leverages TI’s ultra-low power MSP430 MCUs and RF transceiver to enable smart transportation technology that reduces traffic congestion and emissions
The Sensys wireless sensors are based on TI’s MSP430F14x and MSP430F16x MCUs that run at ultra-low power levels to ensure maximum life of the system, drastically reducing maintenance effort and cost. The data from the sensors is transmitted real-time to a nearby location via TI’s CC2430 RF transceiver, and is then transmitted to a local traffic controller or off-site traffic management system.
Key features and benefits of using TI’s MSP430 MCUs and RF transceiver:
- MSP430 MCUs ultra-low power consumption (<1us clock startup and <50nA pin leakage) enables 10+ year battery life
- Intelligent digital and analog peripherals integrated into MSP430 MCUs provide high performance, even during RF transmissions, and consume no power when not in operation
- 16-bit RISC CPU architecture of the MSP430 MCU enables more effective processing, smaller size and high code density to maximize performance while minimizing memory and power requirement
- CC2430 RF transceivers are the world’s first IEEE 802.15.4 system-on-chip solution and operate in the 2.4-GHz range, making them ideally suited for reliable, low power digital wireless applications
- TI’s scalable MCU portfolio consists of hundreds of devices that meet varying price, performance and ultra-low power requirements
“Helping us to extend the life of our product well beyond that of our competitors, we chose TI’s MSP430 MCU for its ultra low power capability,” said
Pricing and availability
The Sensys Networks systems have been deployed around the world in more than 30 U.S. states and 20 countries. The System is available for purchase through Sensys Networks directly or their worldwide distribution network. For more information on the Sensys Wireless Vehicle Detection System, please visit www.sensysnetworks.com.
Find out more about TI’s MCUs, RF transceivers and MCU tools by visiting the links below:
- TI MSP430: www.ti.com/msp430
- MSP430 tools page: www.ti.com/msp430tools
- TI’s microcontrollers: www.ti.com/mcu
- TI’s low power RF: www.ti.com/lprf
- MCU tools videos: http://community.ti.com/media/g/microcontrollers/default.aspx
- TI E2E MCU community: https://community.ti.com/forums/35.aspx
- TI eStore: www.ti.com/estore
- TI energy blog: http://TInergy.ti.com
- Follow TI on Twitter: www.twitter.com/txinstruments
About Sensys Networks
Sensys Networks is the world’s leading provider of wireless traffic detection and integrated traffic data systems. Our patented, wireless magnetic sensors install in a fraction of the time with far less disruption to highways and intersections than traditional detection technologies. The Sensys Wireless Vehicle Detection System is deployed in more than 30 U.S. states and 20 countries. It is the technology standard for the world’s largest traffic data systems.
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com/.
All other registered trademarks and trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments