Wyse Technology Announces Line of Performance Thin Clients Based on Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard
Wyse Virtual Clients to Support Cloud Computing, the Latest Windows Embedded Technology, and Still Uses Only 1/10th the Power of a PC
“Our support of Windows Embedded Standard takes the performance and energy efficiency of our virtual desktop devices to new levels and demonstrates our continuing innovation in addressing the embedded market,” said
“Microsoft is proud to be working with Wyse and other partners to further innovation in the embedded market,” said
Specific features enabled by Windows Embedded Standard include:
- Supports a wide variety of industry-standard networking technologies – VMware Ready(R) Certified status for VMware View(TM) and support for the latest ICA and RDP clients and Ericom PowerTerm – This support gives customers one of the best desktop replacement experiences on the market.
Enterprise Serviceability and Manageability
- Efficient Power Management – Includes features that enable granular control over power consumption.
- Flexible Internationalization – Support for over 20 languages enables easy localization of the user interface.
Rich Interactive Media Experience
- Microsoft Silverlight – A cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering the next generation of media experiences and rich interactive applications (RIAs) for the Web.
- Internet Explorer 7 – Improved navigation, printing and access to RSS feeds. Dynamic security protection provided by a robust new architecture, helps defend against malware and phishing.
- DirectX(R) 9 – Enables rich graphics such as 3-D and full color along with video, interactive music and surround sound.
- Windows Media Player 11 – Includes new media features designed to help manage libraries of digital music, photos, and videos and enjoy them anywhere.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Features new technologies for building applications that have a visually compelling user experience, seamless communication across technology boundaries, and support for a wide range of business processes.
The R90LW and R90LEW devices will ship late April and are priced starting at
About Wyse Technology
Wyse Technology is the global leader in thin computing and client virtualization. Wyse and its partners, Citrix, IBM, Microsoft, VMware and others deliver the hardware, infrastructure software, and services that formulate the benefits of cloud computing, virtualization and Green IT. These thin computing solutions allow individuals and enterprises to access the application information they need, but with better security, manageability, and at a much lower total cost of ownership than a PC. Wyse is headquartered in
For more information, visit the Wyse website at http://www.wyse.com or call 1-800-GET-WYSE.
* All brands and names mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Wyse Technology, Inc.