Cellular South Launches BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 Smartphone
Clamshell Design Brings Industry’s Leading Mobile Messaging Solution To Consumers That Prefer Flip Phones
“We’re excited about the freedom and flexibility the BlackBerry Pearl Flip offers our customers,” said
One quick flip of the handset opens up a world of possibilities with the industry’s leading mobile messaging solution and a wide range of impressive Internet and multimedia capabilities, all in one powerful yet approachable smartphone. Customers can send a message to friends or family, make calls, browse the web, snap pictures, play games, watch videos or listen to their favorite music.
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip smartphone presents a sophisticated look with a sleek design and a chrome-finished frame surrounding its smooth, luminescent face. Packed with an abundance of powerful features, it weighs only 3.6 ounces and measures approximately 3.9″ x 1.9″ x 0.7″. Featuring two high-resolution, light-sensing color displays, the external LCD makes it easy to preview incoming emails, text messages and phone calls without opening the handset, while the large, 240 x 320 pixel internal LCD displays messages, videos and web pages with impressive detail and contrast.
“The popularity of BlackBerry smartphones has grown tremendously around the world and the introduction of this exciting new flip phone will help extend the reach of the BlackBerry platform even further,” said
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 smartphone from Cellular South is available in black and pink.
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 smartphone is packed with powerful features, including:
- Support for BlackBerry(R)
App World, which provides quick access to applications developed for the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 in categories that include entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, music and video, productivity and utilities and travel.
- A large SureType(R) QWERTY keyboard
- Support for Cellular South’s super fast high-speed wireless broadband data network
- Intuitive user interface with trackball navigation
- Built-in GPS with BlackBerry(R) Maps preloaded plus support for location based applications and services
- A 2 megapixel camera with flash, zoom and video recording*
- Full HTML web browser
- An advanced media player for pictures, videos and music and support for BlackBerry(R) Media Sync, which makes it easy to sync iTunes(R) or Windows Media Player digital music collections with the smartphone**
- An expandable microSD/SDHC memory card slot that supports cards up to 16 GB in size
- Stereo Bluetooth(R) support (A2DP/AVRCP) and 3.5mm stereo headset jack
Pricing and availability
- The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 smartphone is available today for
$99.99after a $100mail-in rebate and with a new two-year customer agreement and two-year data contract. The smartphone also comes with full support from Cellular South’s online and in-store Discover Center, which shows customers how to get the most out of this device’s functionality, features and applications.
- Cellular South’s smartphone plan is available for a
$49.99monthly access fee. Other charges may apply when downloading or using applications.
- Customers can purchase the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 smartphone beginning today at Cellular South retail stores or online at www.cellularsouth.com. For more information on Cellular South wireless products and service, visit a Cellular South retail store, call Cellular South toll-free at 1-877-9CSOUTH (927-6884) or go to www.cellularsouth.com.
*Video recording requires microSD card, which may be sold separately
** Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies
About Cellular South
Cellular South is a privately-owned diversified mobile communications company passionately committed to helping customers get the most out of their wireless devices and services. The nation’s largest privately owned wireless communications provider accomplishes this goal by providing the most reliable and advanced 3G nationwide wireless voice and data network, offering industry-leading family and unlimited flat rate voice, text and mobile web plans, and through its online and in-store Discover Centers, which give customers easy, simple and convenient tools, tips, advice and information on how to get the most out of their mobile phone. For more information, go to www.cellularsouth.com.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.
SOURCE Cellular South