Whatever the Weather, Verizon Wireless Phones Have You Covered This Summer
Verizon Wireless customers can get the most up-to-date weather news using two applications from WeatherBug(R), the leading provider of live, local weather information:
WeatherBug offers live streaming local weather data, severe weather alerts, detailed forecasts, local radar, live weather cameras, photos and more, as well the option of selecting weather conditions in
the United Statesor across the world.
- WeatherBug Protect incorporates location-based services (LBS) to give advanced warning of lightning, tornadoes, extreme temperatures, flash flooding, high winds, hurricanes and more via alerts.
WeatherBug is Verizon Wireless’ exclusive weather provider on Mobile Web and V CAST and is also available through SMS and for download on a variety of Verizon Wireless smartphones.
Vacations should be all about fun and relaxation, whether you travel or stay close to home. Verizon Wireless’ lineup of weather applications helps the fishing enthusiast, small-craft pilot or backyard barbecue king find the perfect weather application to fit their holiday plans:
- AccuWeather.com Premium: Access current weather forecasts and radar imagery as well as the latest severe weather alerts and hurricane information.
- Fishing My-Cast by Garmin: The avid angler can view animated radar, forecasts, severe weather, baro plots, solunar tables, tide charts and more.
- Pilot My-Cast by Garmin: Pilots view real-time radar, satellite imagery, lightning strike data, METARs, TAFs, TFRs, and even file their flight plans.
My-Cast Weather: Features radar, clouds, hourly to seven-day forecasts, real-time lightning and severe weather information as well as an interactive weather quiz.
- The Weather Channel: Get forecasts, maps, weather sounds, and a feature that opens up your application to warn of severe weather alerts all in one easy-to-use, customizable application.
- Weather Scout: Outdoor enthusiasts can use weather radar and tools to help increase their catch by checking barometric pressure and utilizing the solunar table forecasting tool for fish and game.
Customers can purchase weather-related applications from the Weather section in the Media Center or Get It Now(R) virtual store on their Verizon Wireless phones. Prices range from
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in
SOURCE Verizon Wireless