Limelight Networks(R) Introduces Industry’s First Content Delivery Service With IPv6 Support
“Content consumption is moving beyond just the browser to a new class of Internet-connected devices, as consumers are accessing their favorite media wherever and whenever they want. As one of the first CDNs to offer IPv6 services, our platform is now ready to deliver content to that next generation of always-connected devices,” said
Limelight Networks’ IPv6 capabilities include:
- Ability to offer dual-stack (IPv6/IPv4) or IPv6 connectivity at company-owned locations
- -/32 allocations from the American Registry of Internet Numbers (ARIN), Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC), and Reseaux Internet Protocol Europeens (RIPE)
- Full IPv6 transit routes from multiple providers
- Full IPv6 Domain Name Services (DNS)
- IPv6 peering at v6 enabled-exchanges
- IPv6 (dual-stack) capable from any transit or peering or customer origin ingress to the edge
- Customer and end-user IPv6 interface for existing or new IPv4 content
The IPv6 protocol designed by the Internet Engineering Task Force will gradually replace the current protocol widely used on the Internet, Internet Protocol v4 (IPv4). The 32-bit IPv4 address space for devices is rapidly being depleted, an issue resolved with the 128-bit address space allowed for in IPv6. The IPv6 protocol also adds improvements in areas such as bandwidth efficiency, routing, and network autoconfiguration. Limelight Networks will run IPv4 and IPv6 simultaneously across its entire network platform.
About Limelight Networks, Inc.
Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: LLNW) is trusted by the world’s most innovative enterprise, entertainment, technology, and software brands to improve the performance and profitability of web sites and end-user experiences. Our scalable, on-demand managed infrastructure solutions provide global reach and consistently high availability, by routing traffic over a private fiber-optic backbone rather than through the often-congested, unpredictable public Internet. For more information, visit our web site (http://www.limelightnetworks.com), read our blog (http://blog.llnw.com), or follow @llnw on Twitter.
Copyright (C) 2009 Limelight Networks, Inc. All rights reserved. All product or service names are the property of their respective owners
SOURCE Limelight Networks, Inc.