FLEOA Teams With AMBER Ready to Boost National Awareness and Enrollments in the AMBER Ready Child Safety Program
Largest Nonpartisan, Professional Association Representing Federal Law Enforcement Officers to Host and Participate in Enrollment Events and 32-City National Child Safety Tour Recommencing this Fall
FLEOA will work in close collaboration with AMBER Ready officials and its partners to assist in a collective effort to promote national awareness of and enroll parents into the AMBER Ready Program, a comprehensive child safety and recovery assistance solution that engages advanced technology to allow for the capture and transmission of a child’s descriptive information and digital photo using the parent’s cell phone in the event the child goes missing or is abducted.
In addition to having its chapters host child safety events, such as the ones it hosted in honor of National Missing Children’s Day on
FLEOA represents members from the following federal agencies:
- Agency for International Development
- Department of Agriculture – OIG and
- Department of Commerce – Export Enforcement, OIG and NOAA Fisheries Law Enforcement
- Department of Defense – Air Force – OIG; Army – CID; Defense Criminal Investigative Service; Naval Criminal Investigative Service – OIG
- Department of Education – OIG
- Department of Energy – OIG
- Department of Health and Human Services – Food and Drug Administration and OIG
- Department of Homeland Security – Border Patrol; Coast Guard Investigative Services; Immigration and Customs Enforcement; Federal Air Marshal; Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); Federal Protective Service; U.S. Secret Service; and Transportation Security Administration
- Department of Housing & Urban Development – OIG
- Department of Interior – Bureau of Indian Affairs; Bureau of Land Management; Fish and Wildlife Service; and National Park Service
- Department of Justice – Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; Drug Enforcement Administration; Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); U.S. Marshals Service; OIG; and U.S. Attorney’s Office – CI
- Department of Labor – OIG and Racketeering
- Department of the Treasury – FINCEN and OIG; Internal Revenue Service – CI and TIGTA
- Department of Transportation – OIG
- Department of Veterans Affairs – OIG
- Environmental Protection Agency – CID and OIG
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – OIG
- General Services Administration – OIG
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration – OIG
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission – OIG
- Postal Service – OIG and Inspection
- Railroad Retirement Board – OIG
- Securities & Exchange Commission – OIG
- Small Business Administration – OIG
- State Department – Bureau of Diplomatic Security and OIG
- U.S. Courts (Judicial) – Probation, Parole and Pretrial Services
In addition to being aligned with FLEOA, the AMBER Ready Program has also won the endorsement and support of the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE) and the National Latino Peace Officers Association (NLPOA). In a study conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice in 2002, there were approximately 800,000 missing children in the nation reported to police or missing children’s agencies. Demographic profiles of those missing children reflect that 47% were racial minorities.
“Child sex offenders are just one sub-set of a long list of possible predators targeting our kids. Domestic and international organized crime rings are abducting children for profitable gain, including transporting them offshore or across the border for child slavery, prostitution, organ donation and other treacherous purposes. We, along with our trusted partners in law enforcement, are issuing a call to action to all Americans to get mad, to get educated and to get kids AMBER Ready,” said
“Protecting our nation’s children from predators, irrespective of their gender, age or ethnicity, is not something that one organization or agency can accomplish on its own. It will require the mobilization of our nation, coordination of all agencies and, most importantly, effecting a sea change in how we utilize technology to empower parents, police, teachers, citizens — all of us — with the vital tools and information essential to prevent a child abduction or to aid in the immediate search and rapid recovery of a missing or abducted child. We take great pride in winning the support from major law enforcement groups such as FLEOA, NOBLE and NLPOA, and recognize that this is a significant step forward in successfully affecting change and ultimately saving more kids,” concluded Patterson.
About AMBER Ready, Inc.
AMBER Ready, Inc. has pioneered the nation’s first wireless program enabling parents to securely store their child’s identity information within their wireless phone and providing the technology platform for police to disseminate an alert from a parents’ wireless phone immediately upon a child being abducted or found to be missing. Through the wireless transmission of stored photographs and descriptive data by police as a Be-On-the-Look-Out (BOLO) or as an official AMBER Alert, the AMBER Ready Program is expected to dramatically reduce the average time between determining a child is missing and the commencement of a meaningful search by local law enforcement, thus significantly improving the odds for rapid recovery. In anticipation of pursuing a public listing in the future, the Company has engaged the firm of John Thomas Financial as its investment banking firm. For more information, please visit www.AMBERReady.com.
SOURCE AMBER Ready, Inc.