Oracle(R) Advanced Security Encrypts Oracle Applications Data
Oracle Applications Now Certified with Oracle Advanced Security’s Transparent Data Encryption Feature
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.,
- Continuing to deliver comprehensive data protection to the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise, Oracle’s Siebel CRM and Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne application customers, Oracle today announced that Oracle(R) Advanced Security, an option to Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition, transparently encrypts all application data stored in an Oracle Database tablespace.
- Customers that use the Transparent Data Encryption feature of Oracle Advanced Security can now encrypt entire data sets used by Oracle Applications for data privacy protection and to help meet regulatory requirements.
- By transparently encrypting application data using Oracle Advanced Security, customers can deploy quickly and implement greater data protection across their applications using efficient transparent encryption and decryption inside their Oracle Database.
Full Encryption for Sensitive Oracle Application Data
- Oracle’s Transparent Data Encryption provides increased protection for application data stored in the database (tablespace), without requiring enterprises to know which fields contain sensitive or regulated data, helping reduce deployment time and effort.
- It enables strong data privacy through the use of standards-based encryption algorithms such as Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES), as well as built-in key management with support for industry leading Hardware Security Modules.
- Since Oracle’s Transparent Data Encryption automatically performs all cryptographic operations inside the Oracle Database, no costly and time consuming changes to existing applications are required.
- Customers can secure their application data with confidence, knowing the tablespace encryption and decryption operations are performed transparently and efficiently at the Oracle Database I/O layer.
- Oracle Advanced Security also works with Oracle Advanced Compression enabling Oracle Database 11g customers to encrypt application data after compression — providing both data protection and storage savings.
- By encrypting data at rest in the database as well as when it leaves the database over the network or during backups, Oracle Advanced Security provides a cost-effective solution for data in transit and at rest encryption.
- Part of Oracle’s comprehensive portfolio of database security solutions, Oracle Advanced Security helps organizations comply with privacy and regulatory mandates such as Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as well as numerous breach notification laws.
“Oracle Applications drive many of the business processes in the enterprise and their data must be protected. Being able to efficiently and transparently encrypt application data in the database tablespace makes Transparent Data Encryption very easy to deploy,” said
“New data privacy regulations are being introduced worldwide and existing regulations are being expanded to address increased threats to data,” said
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle Advanced Security
- Oracle Transparent Data Encryption Best Practices
- Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Blog
- Oracle Security Inside Out Blog
- Download a free, evaluation version of Oracle Database 11g. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
About Oracle Database Security
For more than 30 years, Oracle has led the industry in securing sensitive data. Oracle Database 11g addresses today’s data security challenges from data encryption, access control, and data classification, to audit and compliance reporting, as well as secure deployments and data masking. The comprehensive portfolio of security options for Oracle Database 11g, including Oracle Advanced Security, Oracle Database Vault, Oracle Label Security, Oracle Data Masking, and Oracle Audit Vault, helps organizations to transparently safeguard against data breaches and to achieve regulatory compliance without requiring changes to existing applications. To learn more about how to protect data with Oracle Database 11g today, please visit: http://www.oracle.com/database/security.
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) is the world’s largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Oracle Corporation