Axeda Receives Third Consecutive VeriSign Security Certification
Key Facts / Highlights:
- VeriSign is the industry-leading provider of independent security and infrastructure services.
- The certification includes four main phases: Application Architecture Design Analysis, Application Code Review, Application Level Assessment, Policy and Procedures.
- Security of Axeda products as well as its policies and procedures are vital to the success of its customers which represent over 100 of the world’s leading companies.
- Axeda solutions are deployed in some of the most secure environments including financial institutions, healthcare systems, and government facilities.
- Axeda incorporates an end-to-end security strategy covering all levels including network, application, user, and data security.
- The VeriSign Security Certification involves multiple aspects of an application’s security and includes the following review phases:
- Application Architecture Design Analysis – review of the security related to the application architecture – specifically the relative proximity of each of the components and means by which they connect and transport data.
- Application Code Review – review of Axeda source code to identify specific coding issues, potential vulnerabilities, and evidence of good or poor software engineering and design.
- Application Level Assessment – detailed testing designed to uncover known application layer security issues in web-based applications.
- Policy and Procedure Review – review of Axeda’s existing information and security related policies, processes, and practices and comparison with well-accepted industry standards and practices.
- “It takes a serious commitment to security to complete our stringent certification process,” says
Todd Waskelis, vice president of global security consulting, VeriSign, Inc. “Achieving certification requires a significant amount of time and resources and it is not easy or guaranteed. By going through this process, Axeda continues to prove it is committed to providing the most secure solution for its customers.”
- “Axeda has always made security a top priority for the company and its customers,” said
Dale Calder, president & CEO, Axeda Corporation. “Successful smart service programs depend on acceptance of the technology into a wide range of highly secure environments such as hospitals and government installations. Our ongoing work with VeriSign and subsequent certifications are representative of our continued commitment to make deployment easier for our customers.”
VeriSign Certification Letter: http://www.axeda.com/products_platform_security.htm
Axeda Security Whitepaper: http://www.axeda.com/knowledge.htm
Axeda Corporation is the leading on-demand intelligent asset management company delivering M2M solutions for Smart Services, Smart Products, and Smart Operations. The company’s VeriSign(R) Security certified platform and applications allow companies to connect, manage, service, and track wired and wireless assets anywhere – it serves over 100 of the world’s leading enterprises including Diebold, EMC, and Philips. Axeda Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in
VeriSign, Inc. (Nasdaq: VRSN) is the trusted provider of Internet infrastructure services for the networked world. Billions of times each day, VeriSign helps companies and consumers all over the world engage in communications and commerce with confidence. Additional news and information about the company is available at www.verisign.com.
Media Contacts: Erin Smith Axeda Corporation 508-337-9200 email@example.com Megan Boyaval Corporate Ink 617-969-9192 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Axeda Corporation