Broadcast Video Test Equipment Leader PHABRIX Selects National Semiconductor’s 3-Gbps SDI Family
Award-Winning Portable Signal Analyzer Delivers Best-in-Class Jitter Performance and Optimizes Configurability
The PHABRIX SxE, winner of Broadcast Engineering’s Pick Hit award, builds on the success of the SxA, which won the prestigious IABM Peter Wayne award at IBC2008. The SxE’s functionality gives the professional broadcast engineer a compact and easy to use solution for both in-studio support and field broadcast applications, where portability is needed.
“We selected National’s products based on their raw performance, innovative architecture and outstanding design support,” said
“The PHABRIX SxE is a ground-breaking broadcast video test instrument that enables precision measurement,” said
PHABRIX selected the following National products for the SxE triple-rate SDI handheld video test instrument:
- National’s award-winning LMH0340 triple-rate SDI serializer with integrated SMPTE cable driver supports 30 ps output jitter at 3G and HD rates, requires no external voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) and cleans FPGA PCLK jitter with an integrated LC-based oscillator.
- National’s award-winning LMH0341 SDI deserializer with reclocked serial loop through supports 3G/HD/SD data rates with 0.6 UI minimum input jitter tolerance, requiring no external VCO or reference clock.
- National’s LMH0384 triple-rate SDI extended reach adaptive cable equalizer supports 140m of cable equalization at 3 Gbps rates and features an auto-sleep mode that reduces power consumption by 87%.
- National’s LMK03000 precision clock conditioner integrates a phase locked loop (PLL) and VCO to clean and distribute ultra-low-noise clock signals throughout the system, with ultra-low 0.8 ps RMS jitter performance.
- National’s ADC10040 10-bit, 40 MSPS precision ADC uses a differential, pipeline architecture with digital error correction and an on-chip sample-and-hold circuit to minimize power consumption, while providing excellent dynamic performance.
Solutions Supporting Video Systems
National’s high-performance, energy-efficient analog technology can help video engineers differentiate their products. National provides the key functions every system engineer requires, including operational amplifiers, power management, data conversion, interface and serial digital video products, audio subsystems, display ICs and networking products.
About National Semiconductor
National Semiconductor is a leader in analog power management technology. Its products include easy-to-use integrated circuits, PowerWise products that enable more energy-efficient systems, and SolarMagic products which improve the energy output of solar arrays. The company celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. Headquartered in
National Semiconductor is a registered trademark and SolarMagic is a trademark of National Semiconductor Corporation. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Media Contact Reader Information Mark Alden Design Support Group National Semiconductor (800) 272-9959 (408) 721-6929 World Wide Web email@example.com www.national.com
SOURCE National Semiconductor Corp.