Arkeia Software Announces Successful Completion of MSPAlliance Vendor Accreditation Program
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 4 /PRNewswire/ – Arkeia Software, a worldwide provider of backup and disaster recovery software, today announced that it has received accreditation under the MSPAlliance‘s (MSPA) Vendor Accreditation Program (VAP). VAP is the first program of its kind, specifically designed by managed service providers (MSPs) as a benchmark for vendors who sell to the MSP community. Vendors who bear the VAP seal have shown they abide by the highest principles of quality in areas such as financial stability, positive channel practices, product research and development, and MSP customer satisfaction.
“The Vendor Accreditation Program is important to MSPs, since companies that receive accreditation have demonstrated their ongoing commitment to the channel,” said Charles Weaver, president of the MSPAlliance. “We are very proud to have Arkeia Software as a part of this prestigious body of vendors.”
VAP was created using a wide base of criteria considered as critical by MSPs when selecting a vendor. Criteria examined during the accreditation process include:
- Business practices: focusing on channel development, channel competition safeguards, experience in the managed services industry, etc.
- Product roadmap: examining the vendor’s willingness to invest in their products in order to ensure continued relevance for MSPs on a continued basis.
- Financial: examination of financial stability to ensure adequate support of channel initiatives and product development.
- Customer references: vendor must provide at least three MSP specific client references.
“We are proud that our backup software has been selected by so many MSPs for their internal operations,” said Bill Evans, CEO of Arkeia Software. “Achieving MSPAlliance accreditation is another demonstration of Arkeia’s commitment to delivering the highest quality solutions to MSPs. Managed Service Providers face increasing pressures to differentiate their services, but also enjoy opportunities to expand their service offerings to existing customers. As an enabling technology, Arkeia provides the infrastructure to allow MSPs to deliver backup services to those companies and to build profitable backup businesses.”
Arkeia Network Backup has been chosen by MSPs as their infrastructure to build profitable backup businesses because of its extensive Linux and virtualization support. Managed Service Providers use Linux to deliver hosted services because it is a robust, cost-effective and flexible platform. Similarly, virtualization has become critical to MSPs because it improves the efficiencies of server deployment and management.
Arkeia Network Backup version 8.1, expected to be generally available in September, continues Arkeia’s MSP leadership with two new capabilities targeted specifically at MSPs.
- Version 8.1 allows MSP customers to directly restore their own data without having to rely on the support of the MSP’s technical staff. MSP administrator workload is dramatically reduced by delegation of responsibility to end-users and customer satisfaction improves because customers can use Arkeia’s point-and-click web interface to quickly retrieve lost files.
- Version 8.1 delivers reporting functionality for shared tenant environments. Reports can be extensively customized and delivered interactively, via email, or through MSP-managed dashboards. These extensive reporting options make it still easier to deliver reliable backup services.
For more information about Arkeia Software’s solutions for Managed Service Providers visit http://www.arkeia.com/r/msp.
The MSPAlliance is a professional association of 8,000 managed service providers and service-enabling technology vendors, who work in a collaborative effort to define, promote and educate the Managed Services Industry and the end-user consumer on the adoption and successful use of technology through Managed Services. MSPAlliance member companies’ are able to achieve Green IT Certifications, Disaster Recovery Certifications, and ultimately achieve MSPAlliance Accredited Provider Status. The MSPAlliance also offers many member benefits, such as Insurance, leasing programs, educational workshops and an online Managed Services Institute. For more information about the MSPAlliance, please visit www.mspalliance.com.
About Arkeia Software
Arkeia Software delivers proven solutions for data backup and disaster recovery. The award-winning Arkeia Network Backup Suite is designed for both mid-sized organizations and multi-site enterprises, and safeguards more than 100,000 networks for 7,000 customers in 70 countries. Arkeia software products protect data on over 150 platforms, including virtually all Linux and Windows platforms, as well as AIX, BSD, HP-UX, Irix, Macintosh, Netware, and Solaris. Arkeia Backup Servers are deployed in three modes: as software applications, hardware appliances, or virtual appliances. Complementary suite software includes file agents, application agents, database agents, virtual machine agents, disaster recovery agents, backup replication servers, and central management servers. Arkeia shipped the industry’s first network backup solution for Linux in 1999 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
Arkeia Software Contact Jody Scheldt Communications Manager +1.760.431.1319
SOURCE Arkeia Software