Kodak’s New All-in-One Inkjet Printers Deliver Lab-Quality Prints and $110 Average Annual Savings on Ink Costs(1)
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Sept. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: EK) invites consumers to print, copy, scan and save with its new KODAK ESP 3250 and ESP 5250 All-in-One (AiO) Printers. The ESP 3250 and ESP 5250 Printers join Kodak’s innovative line of printers that are revolutionizing the inkjet business by offering the lowest total ink replacement cost in the industry(2). With KODAK AiO Printers, consumers can print vivid color documents and KODAK lab-quality photos(3) at home for less, saving an average of $110 a year on ink(1) compared to other leading consumer inkjet printers on the market.
“The introduction of the new KODAK ESP 3250 and ESP 5250 AiO models delivers on Kodak’s commitment to bring consumers affordable, first-class printing solutions,” says Randy Brody, Vice-President, Worldwide Marketing, Consumer Inkjet Systems at Eastman Kodak Company. “With our line of innovative and intuitive printers, Kodak is committed to providing high-quality, in-home printing with fairly-priced ink so that consumers can print what they want, when they want, without fear of the ink replacement cost.”
Innovations in Printing Solutions
KODAK ESP 3250 and ESP 5250 AiO Printers continue to combine the latest in printing technology with low-cost, high-quality pigment ink cartridges that deliver brilliant documents and KODAK lab-quality photos(3). The end result is what consumers want — an easy-to-use printer that produces exceptional prints that last a lifetime(4) and are rated highest in water and stain resistance(5) as well as savings on their ink replacement costs.
The KODAK ESP 3250 and 5250 Printers are designed to efficiently print with a speed of up to 30 pages per minute in black and 29 pages per minute in color(6). In addition, both feature improved paper handling with intelligent paper tray systems that automatically adjust settings based on paper type and size to reduce printing errors and save time. With color LCD display screens and memory card slots, the ESP 3250 and ESP 5250 Printers make it easier than ever to create color and black-and-white documents and photos without a computer.
- KODAK ESP 3250 AiO Printer ($129.99 MSRP(7)) features a 1.5″ color LCD along with memory card compatibility, making it easy for consumers to view and print without a computer.
- KODAK ESP 5250 AiO Printer ($169.99 MSRP(7)) is enabled with built-in Wi-Fi, offering increased efficiency and flexibility for the freedom to easily print from anywhere in the home and without cables. The printer also features a 2.4″ color LCD and memory card compatibility to view, edit and print photos.
Quality and Performance for Less
KODAK All-in-One Printers use Kodak’s premium pigmented inks that come in a simple two-cartridge set-up, saving consumers an average of $110 a year on ink(1). Black cartridges retail for $9.99 U.S. MSRP(7) and a five-ink color cartridge retails at $14.99 U.S. MSRP(7). The exclusive KODACOLOR Technology embedded in each printer enables consumers to cost-effectively print crisp documents and KODAK lab-quality photos(3). This technology is a combination of four key elements: pigment-based inks, micro-porous photo papers, color and image science and a Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (MEMS) print head.
Furthermore, Kodak’s Home Center Software includes the exclusive Facial Retouch(8) feature that enables consumers to improve their personal photographs right at home by automatically reducing blemishes and enhancing facial features in just one click. Also, KODAK All-in-One Home Center Software contains an Optical Character Reader (OCR) which allows the user to scan documents that can be edited(8).
Both KODAK ESP 3250 and ESP 5250 Printers are ENERGY STAR qualified and include features such as manual two-sided printing and multiple-pages-per-sheet printing. In “Standby” mode, both printers use less than one watt of power. Both printers are also compliant with the European Union’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive, which limits the presence of certain substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery — join today at www.kodakgallery.com.
(C) Kodak, 2009. KODAK, ESP and KODACOLOR are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.
(1) Results based on average ink costs of leading consumer inkjet printers using average annual print volumes of 150 4×6 in. color photos (printed on KODAK Ultra Paper, glossy finish & highest quality photo papers from other manufacturers), 800 black text pages and 550 mixed color graphic pages. Actual results may vary. For more information visit www.kodak.com/go/inkdata.
(2) As compared to leading consumer inkjet printers total ink load replacement costs using manufacturers recommended ink cartridges; excludes printers that use only one cartridge. Based on independent third party cartridge pricing survey data obtained May 2009.
(3) Using KODAK Ultra Premium and KODAK Premium Photo Papers.
(4) Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR).
(5) Based on independent third party testing May 2009. Printer testing performed using KODAK Ultra Premium Photo Paper, Studio Gloss & highest quality photo papers from other manufacturers.
(6) Based on fastest document print mode using WINDOWS OS-based PCs that meet recommended system requirements. Actual results may vary.
(7) Prices may vary by retailer and are subject to change.
(8) Not available on MACINTOSH OS.
SOURCE Eastman Kodak Company