Sunbelt Software Rebrands Ninja Email Security as VIPRE Email Security
CLEARWATER, Fla., Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ — Sunbelt Software, a leading provider of Windows security software, today announced the availability of VIPRE(R) Email Security for Exchange Version 3.0. Previously named Ninja Email Security(TM), VIPRE for Exchange includes Sunbelt’s next-generation VIPRE antivirus scanning engine.
This announcement marks the first in a series of rebranding efforts and new product releases that will fall under Sunbelt’s VIPRE anti-malware product line, with integrated offerings that include the company’s full line of email security, antivirus, and endpoint protection products for enterprise and consumer customers.
VIPRE for Exchange leverages the scanning engine from Sunbelt’s VIPRE endpoint security products. The engine is a comprehensive anti-malware engine that merges the detection of all types of malware into a single, efficient, and powerful system. The scanning technology was exclusively built by Sunbelt, without building on older generation antivirus engines and addresses the performance and resource headaches associated with traditional enterprise antivirus products.
“Sunbelt’s strength is in providing products that enable system administrators to implement a layered security approach that maximizes spam and virus protection for today’s corporate email environments,” said Alex Eckelberry, CEO of Sunbelt Software. “VIPRE for Exchange provides a robust defense against a variety of email threats without compromising Exchange server stability and performance.”
VIPRE Email Security for Exchange
VIPRE Email Security for Exchange (formerly Ninja Email Security) provides award-winning integrated antispam, antivirus, attachment filtering, and disclaimers using a layered security approach for email inspection, cleansing, and management. By using multiple scanning engines for antispam and antivirus, while integrating other email security rules, all treatment of messages occur at the server, not end user workstations, eliminating the need for client software. Additional features of the product include:
- Policy-based plug-in management for antispam, antivirus, attachment filtering and disclaimers – architecture designed for flexibility and extendibility to enable administrators to comprehensively manage email security, including the creation of customizable policies.
- Fast deployment in Exchange 2000-2007 environments – tight integration with Microsoft Exchange requires minimal configuration, installation and management of email security from central VIPRE management console.
- Server-based, multiple antispam and antivirus engines – Sunbelt’s own antispam engine is combined with the Cloudmark(TM) antispam engine and delivers superior spam detection against both standard and image-based spam using heuristic functionality and spam signature technology, also supporting Real-time Blackhole Lists (RBLs). VIPRE for Exchange includes the antivirus scanning engine from Authentium, and Sunbelt’s own VIPRE antivirus engine to scan inbound and outbound email.
- Email and attachment filtering on a per-policy basis – The intelligent Suspicious Mail Attachment Removal Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) filter looks inside many types of files to determine their true identity, as opposed to simply relying on file extensions. With powerful policy-based attachment filtering capabilities, VIPRE for Exchange filters all attachments based on email direction — inbound, outbound or within the organization.
- Powerful reporting options for all plug-ins – system reporting for all plug-ins using a set of pre-defined reports with the ability to customize based on individual needs. The database-driven reporting engine generates reports with information at the system, group, and/or user level.
Pricing and availability
VIPRE Email Security for Exchange is priced aggressively for all corporate environments running Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, and 2007 and includes one year of support, updates and upgrades. The upgrade to VIPRE for Exchange is available to all existing customers of the formerly named Ninja Email Security product who are currently under a maintenance plan. New customers can purchase VIPRE for Exchange on a per-mailbox basis. Pricing includes the first year maintenance and starts at $184.95 for 5 mailboxes with a sliding scale discount based on number of mailboxes. A 30-day trial version is available on Sunbelt Software’s website at www.sunbeltsoftware.com.
About Sunbelt Software
Headquartered in Tampa Bay (Clearwater), Fla., Sunbelt Software was founded in 1994 and is a leading provider of Windows security software including enterprise antivirus, antispyware, email security, and malware analysis tools. Leading products include the VIPRE(R) and CounterSpy(R) product lines, Sunbelt Exchange Archiver(TM), CWSandbox(TM), and Threat Track(TM).
For more information about Sunbelt Software, please visit the company’s website at http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com. To learn more about current activities, products, and ideas at Sunbelt Software, please visit Sunbelt’s corporate blog at http://www.sunbeltblog.com.
To view this release online, go to http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Press/Releases/?id=305.
All trademarks used are owned by their respective companies.
Contact: Brian Alberti Laurie Murrell Davies Murphy Group Sunbelt Software +1-781-418-2403 +1-727-562-0101 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com www.daviesmurphy.com www.sunbeltsoftware.com
SOURCE Sunbelt Software