Windows 7 Migration for Enterprise Desktops Made Easy with Liquidware Labs ProfileUnity
ALPHARETTA, Ga., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire/ — Liquidware Labs Inc. (LWL), the leader in User Experience Management for next generation desktops, today announced immediate availability of enterprise scale Microsoft Windows 7Ã‚® migration support in Liquidware Labs ProfileUnity.
With Microsoft’s launch of Windows 7 this week many organizations are grappling with the challenge of getting existing enterprise desktop data from Windows XP to Windows 7. With so many unfocused, confusing, or inconsistent options for migration in the market today, ProfileUnity provides an intuitive solution with consistent and reliable results to the user and data migration problem facing the industry. ProfileUnity seamlessly harvests native Windows user personalization data, email, and documents from Windows 2000 and XP and places it in Windows 7, all with zero end-user touch.
ProfileUnity Windows 7 Migration benefits include:
- Windows native format – User profiles and data remain in Window’s native format. No additional Windows shell environment is needed.
- Granular control – Administrators can control which portion of the user’s profile is migrated.
- Optional management after migration – ProfileUnity can be removed from the environment or left as a powerful management tool to manage and make profiles portable to other Windows desktops.
- Compatibility – ProfileUnity supports heterogeneous Windows environments with profile portability after migration. Users can log onto any Windows desktop OS post migration; XP, 2000, Windows 7, VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, etc., and their profile is instantly made available.
- Application-level settings migration – ProfileUnity ports popular application-level settings data to the new environment while keeping it backward compatible. Seamlessly upgrade users from Office 2003/XP to Office 2007 and retain custom application-level settings including MAPI profiles and Outlook signatures.
- Low impact – ProfileUnity requires no agent in the OS — before or after migration. Users simply login to their new machine and user settings are quickly obtained.
LWL delivers additional User Experience Management solutions that are also integral to organizations migrating to Windows 7. Liquidware Labs Stratusphere boasts comprehensive assessment fitness rating features that provide data to right-size an organization’s desktop infrastructure for its next generation desktop such as Windows 7, VMware View, or Citrix XenDesktop. Stratusphere’s UX (User Experience) features deliver powerful metrics and help desk alerts that ensure users are receiving the best possible desktop at any point in time — before, during, or after a migration.
“Organizations have waited for the stability that Windows 7 offers Microsoft desktops,” said Jason E. Smith, vice president product marketing, LWL. “What our sales channel and customer base are finding is that Microsoft is leaving the decision as to which data migration strategy to use up to the administrator, and there are so many products that address only part of the challenge of migrating users to Windows 7. ProfileUnity is a zero end-user touch migration solution that harvests data from the current environment, stores it to a network share, and pulls it in instantly upon logon to a new machine. This innovative approach to profile migration, management, and portability is resonating with customers.”
“The task of migrating application and user data from existing Windows XP and Vista desktops along with deploying newer versions of legacy applications on the new Windows 7 operating system platform is a major challenge facing all organizations worldwide”, said Joe Jessen Desktop Virtualization analyst for The Virtualization Practice. “This new release of Liquidware Labs ProfileUnity allows enterprises to seamlessly migrate profile based operating system and application settings from the user’s existing Windows desktop to their new Windows 7 environment – irrespective of whether Windows 7 and its applications are physically or virtually deployed. This will significantly accelerate the Windows 7 migration process for many organizations.”
ABOUT LIQUIDWARE LABS INC.
Liquidware Labs(TM) (LWL) is the leader in User Experience Management for next generation desktops including VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, and Microsoft Windows 7. The company’s Stratusphere(TM) and ProfileUnity(TM) solutions have been described by analysts as the industry’s first “On-Ramp to VDI” by providing complete methodology and software that enable organizations to cost-effectively plan, migrate, and manage their next generation desktop infrastructure with best practices in mind. LWL’s comprehensive solutions provide Assessment, Personalization Management, User Configuration, and Service Level Assurance. LWL products are VMware and Citrix certified, and are available through a global network of certified partners. Visit www.liquidwarelabs.com for further information.
Contacts: Jason E. Smith email@example.com 678-648-7042
SOURCE Liquidware Labs Inc.