LG Electronics’ New Gas Cooktops Bring Professional-Grade Features to the Home Kitchen
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Nov. 4 /PRNewswire/ — LG Electronics has expanded its kitchen portfolio with its first line of gas cooktops for the U.S. market. LG’s 30- and 36-inch gas cooktops, which blend high-performance with innovative design, are available at retailers nationwide – just in time for the holiday entertaining season.
The new LG cooktops provide consumers with the utmost in flexibility and cooking options. And, with a stainless steel, professional-looking design and blue LED lighting, each model is designed to look as good as it performs. More power and versatility translates into better cooking results for today’s home chefs, according to John Weinstock, vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA.
“With powerful performance and contemporary styling, our newest cooktops include features not traditionally found in home kitchens,” said Weinstock. “The combination of intuitive design and state-of-the-art features allows users to tackle any cooking challenge or need with greater ease and flexibility.”
LG gas cooktops offer consumers enhanced functionality and added value, including:
- Powerful Performance: Home chefs will enjoy the powerful performance of LG’s cooktops. Both the 30- and 36-inch models range in power from 5,000 to 19,000 BTUs, with an impressive center burner offering a powerful 19,000 BTU output, a feature most often seen on professional-grade cooktops.
- Style and Design: A contemporary stainless steel styling package includes professional-grade knobs and three heavy-duty continuous grates covering each burner for a professional look. LED lights offer added safety protection by indicating when a burner is in use or may still be hot to the touch. The controls are placed at the front of the cooktop offering users easier access when the cooktop is in use.
- Versatility: This new gas cooktop accommodates a variety of different sized pots and pans, providing greater cooking flexibility. Consumers can easily prepare a variety of meal options using the five burners, consisting of a dual-stacked center burner, twin burners with matching griddle and a separate simmer burner.
- Easy Cleaning: Consumers will enjoy easier clean-up after meal preparation as each burner is sealed to avoid food build-up.
“Having participated as a judge in LG’s ‘Taste of Something Better’ cooking competition, I have seen first-hand how the professional-grade features of LG cooktops can transform the home kitchen,” said Chef Richard Blais, a fan favorite of Bravo’s “Top Chef” Chicago. “LG’s new gas cooktops offer convenience and versatility, and are a must for anyone who loves to cook and entertain as much as I do.”
The 30-inch cooktop model LCG3091ST and 36-inch model LCG3691ST are available now at manufacturer’s suggested retail prices of $1,299 and $1,499, respectively. The new cooktops join LG’s broad portfolio of cooking appliances including induction and radiant cooktops, electric and gas ranges and built-in wall ovens.
LG is committed to delivering appliance innovations that offer consumers smart technology and high performance features, along with a distinctive and stylish design package. LG has ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Ranges, Cooktops and Ovens” by J.D. Power and Associates two years in a row.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $45 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances and business solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.LGusa.com.
About J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Kitchen Appliances Studies(SM)
LG received the highest numerical score for ranges, cooktops and ovens in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Kitchen Appliances Studies(SM). 2008 received award for satisfaction with cooktops/wall ovens. 2009 study based on 4,067 total responses measuring 12 brands and measures opinions of consumers during the previous 24 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in March-April 2009. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
* Specifications, pricing and availability subject to change without notice.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.