Sunbelt Software Reports Record YTD 2009 Growth
CLEARWATER, Fla. Nov. 10 /PRNewswire/ — Sunbelt Software, a leading provider of Windows security software, today announced record revenue growth for the first three quarters of 2009 on the back of strong consumer and enterprise adoption of the company’s VIPREÃ‚® anti-malware product line, continued technology innovation, and increased demand for advanced malware analysis and data feed services. Coming off of ten consecutive quarters of revenue growth, Sunbelt increased revenue by 63% over the same nine month period of 2008, with strong growth in the enterprise, cybersecurity, OEM and consumer markets.
Sunbelt extended its product offerings by introducing a number of new product releases and proprietary technologies including:
- New malware analysis technology, MX-Virtualization(TM) (MX-V): A significant enhancement to its popular VIPRE product line, MX-V is a malware analysis technology that analyzes potential malware in a highly compact, proprietary virtualized Windows environment. Tightly integrated into the VIPRE scanning system, malware is executed in an environment that mimics key core Windows functions, and analyzes for certain malware signatures and behavioral characteristics. Without any user interaction, MX-V enables VIPRE to detect many types of malware without the necessity of creating a constant stream of dedicated signatures and heuristic systems. Using an emulation technique known as Dynamic Translation, MX-V is extremely fast, helping to protect against unidentified and zero-day threats without compromising system performance.
- VIPREÃ‚® Email Security for Exchange Version 3.0: Previously named Ninja Email Security(TM), VIPRE for Exchange (VPX) includes Sunbelt’s next-generation VIPRE antivirus scanning engine. This release of VPX marked the first in a series of rebranding efforts and new product releases that will fall under Sunbelt’s VIPRE anti-malware product line, with integrated offerings that include the company’s full line of email security, antivirus, and endpoint protection products for enterprise and consumer customers.
- Sunbelt Exchange Archiver(TM) Version 4.0 and Sunbelt File Archiver(TM) Version 4.0: The updated releases provide common user interface and common search for email, file and SharePoint archives with more powerful search functions, utilizing Microsoft Enterprise Search and third party search support for full-text search capabilities.
- Sunbelt Network Security Inspector(TM) (SNSI) Version 2.0: The major upgrade to this network vulnerability scanner delivers a new scanning engine for faster scan times and a more intuitive user interface.
- Enhancements to Sunbelt CWSandbox(TM) and Threat Track(TM) data feeds: As the leader in automated malware analysis research and data feeds, Sunbelt released enhancements to its automated malware behavior analysis tool, CWSandbox, and introduced its Exploit Feed, powered by research from SunbeltLabs(TM). The Exploit Feed, a new component to Sunbelt’s Threat Track data service, provides customers with the industry’s most accurate and up-to-date information on current websites using exploits to infect users, helping security organizations protect their customers.
In response to global demand for its current and new products and services, Sunbelt increased its international staff by 42% in 2009 – including an 82% increase in technical support staff – opened its UK headquarters, and grew its Philippines subsidiary. The company also expanded its executive team to add several new business leaders including a senior vice president of product management and operations and director-level appointments for EMEA sales, business development, and global consumer product sales.
Additional highlights through Q3 2009 include:
- Growth in international business and new partnerships: Sunbelt achieved record growth in international markets, and reached OEM and distribution agreements with several key partners in the U.S., EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America – accounting for a 15% increase in channel partners – as well as forged a technology partnership with Web 2.0 security provider FaceTime.
- Partnership in industry coalition: Sunbelt became a data partner in StopBadware.org, the collaborative initiative to combat viruses, spyware, and other bad software. The initiative is based at Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society. Sunbelt also participated in the cross-industry Conficker Working Group in an effort to track the pervasive worm and protect its customers from infection.
- Customer service success: Sunbelt continues its outstanding customer service and retention and achieved 98% customer satisfaction thanks to excellent technical support. Sunbelt’s U.S.-based support availability and expertise serve as a competitive differentiator.
- Customer penetration: Sunbelt saw increased global adoption of its anti-malware products and research services, including a 470% increase in license sales and a 55% increase in sales of its CWSandbox automated malware analysis tool.
- Awards, testing and recognition: Sunbelt was recognized by Scholastic Administr@tor with a 2009 “Best in Tech” award, achieved an Inc 5000 ranking as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, was voted one of Florida’s “Best Companies to Work For” by Florida Trend business magazine, and was named a finalist in the Tampa Bay Business Journal‘s 2009 “Best Places to Work” competition. Additionally, third party testing from analyst firm The Tolly Group revealed that Sunbelt VIPRE Enterprise requires much fewer system resources than competitive “bloatware” offerings from Symantec and McAfee in head-to-head testing.
“In a tough economy when enterprises and consumers are facing Internet threats from seemingly every angle, customers want highly effective and reliable endpoint protection, without having to sacrifice computing resources,” said Alex Eckelberry, CEO of Sunbelt Software. “Our growth in 2009 clearly shows that Sunbelt is in a solid position to continue its commitment to protect our customers by delivering new state-of-the-art endpoint security defenses that capture, analyze and filter malicious content and keep the bad guys out.”
About Sunbelt Software
Headquartered in Tampa Bay (Clearwater), Fla., Sunbelt Software was founded in 1994 and is a leading provider of Windows security software including enterprise antivirus, antispyware, email security, and malware analysis tools. Leading products include the VIPRE(Ã‚®) and CounterSpy(Ã‚® )product lines, Sunbelt Exchange Archiver(TM), CWSandbox(TM), and Threat Track(TM).
For more information about Sunbelt Software, please visit the company’s website at http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com. To learn more about current activities, products, and ideas at Sunbelt Software, please visit Sunbelt’s corporate blog at http://www.sunbeltblog.com. To view this release online, go to http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Press/Releases/?id=317.
Copyright Ã‚© 2009 Sunbelt Software. All rights reserved. All trademarks used are owned by their respective companies.
Contact: Brian Alberti Laurie Murrell Davies Murphy Group Sunbelt Software +1-781-418-2403 +1-727-562-0101 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org www.daviesmurphy.com www.sunbeltsoftware.com
SOURCE Sunbelt Software