Reportlinker Adds Mobile Open Source Operating Systems Markets & Opportunities 2009-2014
NEW YORK, Nov. 12 /PRNewswire/ — Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue.
This report compares and evaluates the value of the three consortiums: Symbian foundation, LiMo foundation and Open handset alliance (android) analysing the business models for both proprietary and open source.
A six year regional forecasting suite including market share by operating system is provided as well as looking at relative year on year growth for smartphone operating systems. It also examines how the App Store approach has impacted the operating system market and investigates what the future plans are for the development of OS.
Each one of the open source operating systems are fully analysed providing; history, overview, indicative handset vendors, technical details and how the licensing process works. The report also includes a overview for proprietary operating systems.
Key questions this Mobile Open Source OS report answers:
- How has the recent trend towards open source impacted the rest of the value chain?
- How will the fortunes of the main players in the operating systems market develop over the next six years?
- How will the increasing openness in the operating systems market effect network operators?
- Why has the importance of the operating system risen from the invisible to the unavoidable?
- Will all the current operating systems survive over the forecast period?
- Why did Nokia buy Symbian and give away all of its technology?
To order this report: Mobile Open Source Operating Systems Markets & Opportunities 2009-2014
Nicolas Bombourg Reportlinker Email: email@example.com US: (805)-652-2626 Intl: +1 805-652-2626