TI introduces the industry’s smallest sine-to-sine wave clock buffer
DALLAS, Nov. 24 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the industry’s smallest four-channel, low-power, low-jitter sine-to-sine wave clock buffer, the first device in a family of sine-wave clock buffers. The CDC3S04 can replace up to three individual same-frequency temperature compensated crystal oscillators (TCXOs), reducing board space and bill of materials (BOM) by nearly half. Designers can use the CDC3S04 in a wide range of mobile applications including cell phones (UMTS/WCDMA/GSM), smartphones, mobile internet devices (MID), ultra mobile PCs (UMPC), navigation units and global positioning systems (GPS). Download the datasheet and order samples here: www.ti.com/cdc3s04-pr1.
Key features and benefits of the CDC3S04
- 1:4 low-jitter, sine-to-sine clock buffer replaces multiple TCXOs, saving board space and cost
- An integrated on-chip LDO saves board space by eliminating the need for an internal low-dropout (LDO) regulator.
- The on-chip LDO acts as a TCXO on/off switch for power savings during low-power standby
- This buffer distributes sine-wave signals to four different peripherals while adding negligible phase-noise, minimizing electromagnetic interference (EMI).
- A built-in I2C interface gives customers real-time control for outputs, polarity and internal coding.
- Designers can accelerate time-to-market by taking advantage of TI’s OMAP4xx processors.
Availability and pricing
The CDC3S04 is in volume production today, and evaluation modules (EVMs) will be available in late 4Q09. The CDC3S04 comes in an industry-leading, small-footprint WCSP package (1.6 mm x 2.0 mm), and is priced at $1.80 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI’s interface products by visiting these links:
- Order CDC3S04 samples: http://www.ti.com/cdc3s04-pr.
- Quickly search TI’s broad clock portfolio or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/clocks.
- Ask questions and share knowledge on TI’s E2E online community: http://www.ti.com/e2e-pr.
- Follow TI on Twitter: www.twitter.com/txinstruments.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated