Demand Management Announces New Version of Popular Demand Solutions(R) Supply Chain Planning Software
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Demand Management, Inc., a global resource for managing the supply chain for small and midsized enterprises, today announced the availability of DSX. With the new application, Demand Solutions will now offer two fully-supported versions of its Supply Chain Planning software – DSX and Demand Solutions Version 11 – to cover the varying needs of small and midsized enterprises. The flexibility of DSX allows companies to change their supply chain business practices within the software to respond to market changes quickly and efficiently at any level of the business to improve their competitive position. Specifically, this flexibility allows a company to create a unique planning environment that is driven by each individual customer’s needs. Demand Solutions latest Supply Chain Planning application is easily adaptable to any industry with any product mix, any business role and supports unique deployment requirements.
“DSX offers endless possibilities to view and manage data within your supply chain,” said Demand Management president Bill Harrison. “It is so flexible out of the box that it feels like customized software. DSX gives customers the ability to adapt supply chain processes whenever they want or need in order to yield the most effective supply chain possible.”
DSX has 100 percent of the customer-driven supply chain functionality the company is known for and is now empowered by Microsoft’s latest technology.
- Configurable Work Spaces. Designed around how people actually work, DSX allows every user to create their own space to increase planning efficiency.
- Forecasting in multiple time units in the same database. DSX allows forecasts for any time unit – weeks, months or quarters – for any item. DSX allows companies to forecast in the time period most appropriate for their business and can vary the time period at an item level. Furthermore, planners can see forecasts in any time unit in a single work space.
- Role-based security. Administrators can set up various security roles within the business (manager, planner, viewer etc.) as well as defining the level of security within each role down to the attribute level.
- Click-Once Deployment and Flexible Access. With Microsoft’s Click-Once Deployment, end users install the software with a single click. This installation automatically establishes a shortcut to the program on their desktop. Subsequently, each time the user logs in, DSX checks for available upgrades and makes them available to the user. The architecture of DSX allows users to access the system from any location via an internet connection.
- Box Jenkins Algorithm. Demand Solutions automatically optimizes the Box Jenkins parameters so that forecasters don’t need to deal with the complexity of the formula to garner the benefits.
- Poisson Algorithm. Offered to further enhance demand planning for the sporadic demand patterns associated with industries such as service parts.
- What-if Scenario Planning. With “Sandbox” functionality, users have the freedom to create what-if scenarios in a safe environment with the ability to easily move the selected scenario to the production environment.
Built from the ground up on the latest Microsoft Technology stack, DSX is powered by Microsoft SQL Server 2008, WPF / WCF, and .NET 3.5 SP1. DSX runs on Microsoft Server 2008 and Microsoft Server 2008 R2. The company has also been accepted into Microsoft’s Azure Early Adopter Program.
DSX unites all of the customer-driven functionality from Demand Solutions Version 11 with Microsoft’s latest technology stack to enable forecasting in any time interval, role-based security and ultimate scalability for companies with complex product mixes and high growth. With the two products, Demand Management has affordable offerings for the spectrum of the small and midsized enterprise market space.
“By listening to our customers in small and midsized enterprises for 25 years, we understand that they need the same flexibility as the largest corporations that have million dollar supply chain software budgets. This includes the ability to easily adapt to market changes and adjust business processes from strategy to the lowest level of granularity,” said Harrison. “We developed DSX to enable an organization to manage its supply chain exactly the way it wants. DSX offers all of the functionality that the midsized market could possibly need at the value-based price point our customers demand.”
About Demand Management, Inc.
Demand Management, Inc. is a global resource for software, support, services and training for maximizing profits in manufacturing, distribution and retail operations. More global supply chains depend on Demand Management’s Demand Solutions than any other system for forecasting, demand planning and point-of-sale analysis. For more information on Demand Solutions, visit www.demandsolutions.com. Demand Management is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Logility which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Software (Nasdaq: AMSWA).
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by statements made herein. These factors include, but are not limited to, changes in general economic conditions; technology and the market for the Company’s products and services including economic conditions within the e-commerce markets; the timely availability and market acceptance of these products and services; the effect of competitive products and pricing; the uncertainty of the viability and effectiveness of strategic alliances; and the irregular pattern of the Company’s revenues. For further information about risks the Company could experience as well as other information, please refer to the Company’s Form 10-K for the year ended April 30, 2009 and other reports and documents subsequently filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For more information about risks the Company could face as well as other information, contact Vincent C. Klinges, Chief Financial Officer, Logility, Inc., 470 East Paces Ferry Rd., Atlanta, GA 30305, (404) 261-9777. FAX: (404) 264-5206 INTERNET: HTTP://www.logility.com or E-mail asklogility@ logility.com. All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
SOURCE Demand Management, Inc.