TI introduces multi-channel, 16-bit ADCs with 500-kSPS throughput
DALLAS, Feb 3 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the 500-kSPS ADS8331 and ADS8332 successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADC) with true, 16-bit no missing code (NMC) precision performance. The four- and eight-channel converters operate from a 2.7-V to 5.5-V power supply and combine high channel count and high resolution to meet the requirements of multi-channel data acquisition applications, including test and measurement, portable, industrial and medical. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/ads8331-pr.
Key features and benefits
- Excellent AC performance with 91.5-dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and 101-dB spurious free dynamic range (SFDR) for high accuracy and sensitivity in data acquisition applications.
- Pin-compatible flexibility between four and eight channels enables designers to attain high-precision performance across temperature and various multi-channel, end-application configurations.
- The ADS8331 integrates a 4:1 input multiplexer (mux) and the ADS8332 includes an 8:1 input mux with breakout, enabling designers to save up to 50 percent in board space and power draw versus a discrete implementation.
- Wide power supply range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V (analog) and 1.65 V to 5.5 V (digital) allows for a wide range of use in single-cell, lithium-ion battery applications and direct interface with low-voltage processors.
- Ease high-precision data acquisition system design with TI’s THS4031 ultra low-noise, high-speed voltage feedback amplifier, the THS4031 high-speed operational amplifier evaluation module (EVM) and the REF50xx family of low-noise, low-drift, high-precision voltage references.
Availability and pricing
The ADS8331 and ADS8332 converters are available now in 24-pin, 4-mm x 4-mm QFN and 24-pin TSSOP (PW) packages. Pricing in 1,000-unit quantities is $5.50 (ADS8331) and $6.50 (ADS8332).
Find out more about TI’s precision data converter portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order ADS8331 and ADS8332 samples at www.ti.com/ads8331-pr.
- Quickly search TI’s entire data converter portfolio or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/dataconverters-pr.
- View TI Senior Application Engineer Bonnie Baker’s video, “Analog Tutorial – The Basics of Effective Number of Bits” at www.ti.com/bitselection-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge in the precision data converter support forum in TI’s E2E online community: www.ti.com/precisiondataconverter-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated