The Founder Institute Announces Sessions and Mentors For Its Los Angeles Semester
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 23 /PRNewswire/ — The Founder Institute (www.FounderInstitute.com), a four month executive training program for technology entrepreneurs, today announced the sessions and mentors for its Los Angeles semester. The Institute, which prepares startup founders to lead the next generation of world-class technology companies, operates in nine cities worldwide and is on pace for an annual graduation rate of over 1,000 companies. World-famous entrepreneurs, executives and investors including Peter Guber, Nolan Bushnell, Michael Robertson, Scott Painter, Sandy Climan and William Quigley are mentors for the Los Angeles semester.
The Los Angeles semester runs March 8 through June 11, 2010. Applications for acceptance into the program will be accepted until February 28th. Anyone starting a technology company or with a dream to launch an innovative business is invited to apply at www.FounderInstitute.com.
“We’re on track to help launch more than 1,000 meaningful and enduring technology companies annually,” says Adeo Ressi, Founding Member of TheFunded.com and the Founder Institute. “The entrepreneurs mentoring the Los Angeles semester have successfully founded and run extraordinarily successful companies including mp3.com, Chuck-E Cheese, Mandalay Entertainment, and provide uniquely insightful guidance to the program participants.”
The Founder Institute creates an environment where established Founders and CEOs mentor their peers in weekly training sessions on company-building topics. Program participants also enjoy discounted services from Institute Partners and a teamwork-oriented startup environment where equity is shared among all participants in the companies formed.
The Spring 2010 Los Angeles Semester will be led by Ken Rutkowski, founder and CEO of the L.A. chapter of the Media, Entertainment and Technology Alliance (METal) and the voice of KenRadio’s World Technology Roundup on CBS Radio, with sessions taking place at Los Angeles venues such as the offices of Clearstone Ventures and Sony Studios.
Los Angeles semester mentors include:
- Peter Guber, CEO, Mandalay Entertainment, (www.mandalay.com)
- Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari, Chuck E. Cheese, and uWink, (www.uwink.com)
- Michael Robertson, founder and CEO, MP3tunes, (www.mp3tunes.com)
- James Sun, CEO and Founder of GeoPage.com
- Eric Puller, founder and chief executive of Digital Evolution (www.digitalevolution.com)
- Scott Painter, co-founder & board member, BrightHouse, founder & CEO of Zag.com (www.zag.com)
- Kelly Perdew, CEO, RotoHog.com and winner of season two of The Apprentice (www.RotoHog.com)
- Jesse Dylan, co-creator with will.i.am of President Obama’s Yes We Can video, and founder of FreeForm, (www.free-form.tv)
- Ross Levinsohn, former president at Fox Interactive Media, Managing Director at Fuse Capital (www.fusecapital.com)
- Gregg Spiridellis, co-founder, JibJab, (www.jibjab.com)
The complete list of Los Angeles semester mentors includes: Alan Friel, Bill Woodward, Brock Pierce, James Sun, Eric Puller, Evan Rifkin, Fred Joyal, Gregg Spiridellis, Gregory Markel, Jesse Dylan, Kelly Perdew, Liz Heller, Michael Robertson, Neil Warren, Nolan Bushnell, Peter Guber, Peter Hirshberg, Peter Pham, Phil Wiser, Ross Levinsohn, Sandy Climan, Scott Painter, Shawn Gold, Tony Greenberg, Wayne Bos, William Quigley.
The complete calendar of sessions for the Los Angeles semester is:
- “Your Vision & Idea Types” on March 08, 2010
- “Basic Research” on March 15, 2010
- “Naming and Branding” on March 22, 2010
- “Company Roadmap” on April 05, 2010
- “Earning Revenue” on April 12, 2010
- “Hiring and Firing” on April 19, 2010
- “Incorporation” on May 03, 2010
- “Intellectual Property” on May 10, 2010
- “Partners and Suppliers” on May 17, 2010
- “Marketing and Publicity” on May 31, 2010
- “Presentation” on June 07, 2010
- “The Funding Lifecycle” on June 07, 2010
- “Graduation” on June 11, 2010
Anyone starting a technology company or thinking to become an entrepreneur is invited to apply at this link for Los Angeles (http://founderinstitute.com/apply/8).
For more information go to www.FounderInstitute.com.
About The Founder Institute
The Founder Institute (www.FounderInstitute.com) is a business incubator and four month executive training program for both new and seasoned entrepreneurs. Through weekly sessions guided by renowned CEOs, the Founder Institute breeds disciplined founders ready to lead the next generation of high-tech companies. Program participants also enjoy discounted services from Institute Partners, fundraising opportunities at fair market value, and a teamwork-oriented startup environment where equity is shared among all participants in the companies formed.
SOURCE The Founder Institute