‘Edwards Goes To’(TM) Contest to Award Exclusive Red-Carpet Experience in Hollywood to America’s Most Deserving Mom
BLOOMINGTON, Minn., March 23 /PRNewswire/ — From carpool chauffeur to breadwinner, breadbaker to PTA president, moms deliver outstanding performances every day. But when was the last time busy moms received thanks and recognition for their selfless efforts? The makers of EdwardsÃ‚® frozen desserts want to recognize and reward moms who deserve a little extra “me time” through the first-ever “Edwards Goes To”(TM) contest.
From now through April 23, 2010, dessert-loving Americans can visit the EdwardsÃ‚® Desserts Facebook Fan Page (www.facebook.com/edwardsdesserts) to nominate a well-deserving mom in their life (mom, grandmother, caretaker, guardian, wife) who is on Facebook, for a once-in-a-lifetime red-carpet experience. One lucky mom will win a first-class trip for two to Hollywood, Calif., including round-trip airfare, five-star hotel accommodations and tickets to an exclusive red-carpet event, courtesy of the makers of EdwardsÃ‚® frozen desserts. The grand-prize winner also will receive a supply of EdwardsÃ‚® Singles desserts to indulge in all year long.
“Research shows(1) that women across the nation have scaled back on indulgences they once enjoyed as they put others’ needs before their own,” says Laura Keogh, EdwardsÃ‚® brand manager. “Through the ‘Edwards Goes To’(TM) contest, we are encouraging America to give moms their well-deserved 15 minutes of fame, while offering busy moms everywhere effortless ways to reward themselves anytime. And we are thrilled to treat one grand-prize winner to an exclusive red-carpet experience in Hollywood to further express our gratitude.”
“Edwards Goes To“(TM) Contest
Nominating a mom is easy; from now through April 23, 2010 log onto Facebook and visit the EdwardsÃ‚® Desserts Facebook Fan Page (www.facebook.com/edwardsdesserts). While there, nominate a mom who is your friend on Facebook by submitting a short essay to explain why that mom deserves thanks and recognition for her everyday efforts – both large and small – and her dedication to others. Entries will be judged on poignancy, creativity and originality. Photos and videos are welcome and strongly encouraged.
- After submitting a nomination, nominators can print an e-coupon for $1 off an EdwardsÃ‚® Singles dessert (while supplies last). It’s an easy way to treat yourself to something sweet, while filling the kitchen with a delicious home-baked aroma.
- Up to 10 finalists will be selected by a panel of qualified judges and awarded a pampering spa experience with a $500 SpaFinder.com gift card and enough EdwardsÃ‚® frozen desserts to keep their freezers stocked.
- In May, America will get to vote online at www.facebook.com/edwardsdesserts for their favorite mom finalist; one will be selected by the public as the “Facebook Fan Favorite” and will receive a “party in a box” to host a red carpet-inspired awards show viewing party at home, complete with enough EdwardsÃ‚® frozen desserts to satisfy all of her guests’ dessert desires.
- The grand-prize winner will be selected by panel of qualified judges and announced this July, following the announcement of the “Facebook Fan Favorite.”
New EdwardsÃ‚® Singles A La Modes Varieties
In the spirit of celebrating life’s simple indulgences, the makers of EdwardsÃ‚® products just added three new varieties to its Singles A La Modes line, including Hot Molten Lava Chocolate Cake, Hot Chocolate Chip Cookie and Hot Apple Crumb Cake. Now available in the grocer’s frozen pie section, each easy-to-prepare dessert bakes hot in the microwave in less than one minute and is topped with cool creamy ice cream:
- Hot Molten Lava Chocolate Cake with Creamy Ice Cream is one of the newest EdwardsÃ‚® Singles A La Modes varieties catering to chocoholics. This molten lava chocolate cake has a chocolate oozing center that lies under a chocolate chip and butter fudge topped ice cream cup.
- Hot Chocolate Chip Cookie with Creamy Ice Cream infuses delicious chocolate chips in every bite. This new offering tops a chocolate chip cookie cake with a chocolate chip and butter fudge topped ice cream cup.
- Hot Apple Crumb Cake with Creamy Ice Cream appeals to those with fruit and cinnamon cravings. In this new fruity dessert flavor, an apple crumb cake is smothered with almond crumb and caramel topped ice cream.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contest is open only to nominees who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and are considered a “mother figure” (i.e. mother, caregiver, guardian, grandmother, wife/significant other) and nominators who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Contest begins on March 23, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 23, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Void where prohibited. For complete details, see the Official Rules, which govern, at http://edwardsdesserts.com/rules.aspx.
About the EdwardsÃ‚® Brand
The EdwardsÃ‚® Brand is part of the national brand portfolio of Schwan’s Consumer Brands North America, Inc., an international leader in the frozen foods industry. Based in Bloomington, Minn., Schwan’s Consumer Brands North America, Inc., employs more than 2,600 people, and markets and distributes premium frozen foods since 1970. As the retail grocery subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company, Consumer Brands offers trusted brands that are represented in more than 50,000 retail outlets across the United States. Its brands include Red BaronÃ‚®, FreschettaÃ‚®, and Tony’sÃ‚® pizzas, Asian SensationsÃ‚® snacks and appetizers, Larry’sÃ‚® potatoes, and Mrs. Smith’sÃ‚® and EdwardsÃ‚® pies and desserts. For more information about EdwardsÃ‚® Singles with Ice Cream Desserts, go to www.EdwardsDesserts.com.
(1) The EdwardsÃ‚® Singles Dessert Survey is a nationally representative telephone survey of 516 American Women, ages 18 and over, conducted between June 30 and July 7, 2009. The margin of error for the overall study is +/- 4.3% at the 95% confidence level.
For more information contact: Ingrid Payne, GolinHarris (312) 729-4301 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Edwards frozen desserts