TI introduces industry’s first integrated HDMI companion chip for portable applications
DALLAS, March 24 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the industry’s first integrated HDMI interface companion chip to the core HDMI controller for portable applications. The TPD12S015 incorporates all of the components required for an HDMI interface, including eight low-capacitance electrostatic discharge (ESD) clamps, I2C level shifters, and a DC/DC converter, saving 75 percent the board space and significantly reducing overall system cost when compared to discrete implementations.
Designers can use the TPD12S015 with TI’s OMAP(TM) applications processors or similar processors in a wide range of portable applications including smartphones, camcorders, digital still cameras and portable game consoles. Download the TPD12S015 datasheet here: www.ti.com/tpd12s015-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPD12S015
- Internal boost converter generates 5 V from a 2.3-V to 5.5-V battery voltage, which eliminates the need for an on-board 5-V supply to drive the HDMI 5-V output pin.
- Matched HDMI Class-C connector pin-mapping eliminates board design layout skew that typically occurs with discrete implementations.
- Auto-direction sensing level shifter with integrated pull-ups and edge-rate control circuits eliminate the need for an additional on board I2C cable driver circuit.
- The DDC and CEC control lines can drive longer HDMI cable, amount to at least 750pF load, exceeding the HDMI standard defined 700pF maximum load.
Availability and pricing
The TPD12S015 is in volume production today with samples ready to ship. This device comes in an industry-leading, small-footprint WCSP package (1.6 mm x 2.8 mm) with 0.4-mm pitch.
Find out more about TI’s interface products by visiting these links:
- Order TPD12S015 samples: www.ti.com/tpd12s015-pr.
- Quickly search TI’s broad interface portfolio or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge on the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/e2e-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated